AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.kevindthomas.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Previously ZPHGA, PHASA, SCI, ECGMA - all now lapsed since I'm no longer active in the industry but still support it fully.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique.
Zimbabwe Fishing Safaris at Chikwenya Safari Lodge

Chikwenya Safari Lodge is located at the confluence of the Sapi River and the Zambezi River, on the eastern border of the world heritage Mana Pools National Park. The Lodge enjoys an exclusive 7000-acre lease of pristine lower Zambezi floodplain and some 5km of river frontage.

With open grassland floodplains, riverine forests, jesse bush, wooded islands and a 2km deep Acacia albida band of woodland along the Zambezi river banks, Chikwenya’s diverse habitats lend itself to being one of Africa’s best wildlife sanctuary’s found anywhere on the continent. The Acacia albida trees more commonly known as the winter thorn, due to the fact that they produce a highly nutritious seed during Zimbabwe’s winter months, provide much needed sustenance to the wildlife in the dry season and is the main reason why the Mana pools and Lower Zambezi floodplains have such abundant game during the months of June through November. With large numbers of ungulates concentrated in relatively small areas it follows that the super predators such as lion, leopard, hyena and wild dog are regularly encountered on game drives and walks. The river itself hosts one of Africa’s greatest concentrations of hippo and crocodile and its pools and eddies are teeming with fish.

The lodge is one of the most luxurious found anywhere on the Zambezi river, comprising of 9 double lodges and one presidential suite, each lodge has an inside and outside bathroom, a private deck and a colonial style bath in which to lie back, relax and enjoy the magnificent vista all around you. Each lodge is air conditioned for those unbearably hot October days, yet also designed to allow guests to open up to the African night sounds behind gauze doors and windows in the cooler months. The main entertainment area has a bar, outside dining, swimming pool and lapa area.

Activities offered include game drives and walks, boat cruises, night drives, bird watching and fishing on the Zambezi for the world famous tiger fish. All activities are done with top guides who are experts on the flora and fauna of the area.

Chikwenya prides itself on trying to cater for all of our clients needs and as such activities are not regimented to certain times. Rather we like to accommodate the times and activities requested by our guests. This is your holiday and we believe you should make decisions as to what you want you do and when.

Visit our website for further details. Contact us by email for prices and packages available.

I enjoyed looking at your web site. The next time I am in Africa I would certainly like to take some time for fishing as I enjoy that just as much as hunting.

The links you have to your published articles on your site make for some good reading. The first one Snakes Alive got me hooked and I am going to finish reading them all. I think the trophy fees for South Africa that you have listed are really reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross