Zebra Skin

Rampokker

New member
Joined
Oct 17, 2015
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Johannesburg South Africa
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
South Africa
Good Day
I have a Plains Zebra skin from a Zebra that I hunted myself.
I friend of mine from the USA is here visiting me and wants to buy the skin from me. Will he be able to take this home with him on the plane? Will I need to get a permit for him and if so where can I get it?
 
if its tanned properly
there wont be a problem , I think
they sell them in the gift shops in the international departures
so who ever gets one of them would have to take them on the plane as carry on ......... welcome to AH
hope you hang around and tell us of your zebra hunt, and don't be scared to include many photos
 
What species of Zebra?
What country are you in?
 
Great questions Jerome.
Some are Cites other are not. Countries varies also.
 
What species of Zebra?
What country are you in?

Burchell's Zebra or Hartmann's ?

Country of export will make a huge difference.

Some proof of how it was obtained is likely going to be required.
The authority it was hunted under.
 
Hi Guy's
It is a Burchell's Zebra. I can ask the taxidermy that did the tanning if he can give me some sort of paper work. Just not sure what to ask for.
I am in Johannesburg South Africa.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,420
Messages
1,575,659
Members
170,371
Latest member
CharmainSa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top