Zebra rug question

Has anyone ever had a rug made out of an immature zebra?

On my last safari, my PH had me take a risky shot through some brush, and I shot a younger specimen. I still feel bad about it.

Any thoughts on how the rug will turn out? Will it look bad because it is a bit smaller?
I don't think you should feel bad about anything. You have one more zebra trophy than me, and lots of other people.
 
when it is tanned into a rug the black stripes will most likely look brown. with that being said it will still be beautiful. and they may stay black. Forrest
 
I like the idea of a smaller zebra rug. Though not the size you were going for my dads rug is huge and doesn't fit in his office where he wanted to put it, so at least you don't have that problem.
 
We accidently shot a mare with fetus many years ago. The fetus was tanned and used as a throw over the back of a chair.

Your zebra is a giant.:)
 
We told people we got it from "Planned Parenthood" of Tanzania.:oops:
 
Had the one in the avatar made in to a rug. In my mind anyway, it's HUGE and I don't have the wall space for it. I draped it over a little used couch and most like it that way.
 
image.jpg
Hell Tex, most people wouldn't know anyway! Who gives a dam what they think anyhow unless they paid for it. Plus you could always just say it is a Pygmy Zebra and very rare! Lol. Your description had us all thinking that it was the size of a placemat. Dam sure a sight better than mine, I had to go with one of the painted donkies in Juarez, couldn't afford a real one! Lol
Cheers,
Cody
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,385
Members
169,347
Latest member
BerthaGiro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top