ZAMBIA: Zambian Adventure At Takeri Game Reserve

the sad fact is there only two more days to enter in it ....
then its all over ........
only to be continued , over the next couple of months ,as we start to make dates and plans for the next chapter of this Zambian adventure ....

Keep it coming, it is a great tale thus far.

It's great to see you happy bluey, I know you had more than a few hard days in your life.

It's great to see you happy bluey, I know you had more than a few hard days in your life.
thanks eric
im bloody happy at the moment , but good or bad day , you cant change them , you weather out the bad days and sail through the good ones . you cant change fate. you just live with it

briko , wont be posting the last 2 days ,tonight mate
ive been awake for way to long now , and its blowing a smoking gale in lakes entrance , so im heading up the bush to show some mates the photos of this dream trip .
then im having breakfast with the grand kids at 0600 , in the morning
hope fully im back at sea by 1000 when I can get to the notes on the ipad and sadly finish this tale.....
than I gotta go catch the 30 grands worth of gear ive left hanging off a big rock in real deep water..........

"than I gotta go catch the 30 grands worth of gear ive left hanging off a big rock in real deep water.........."

good luck on getting that back, but how you go about trying to hook it in 860 metres (2820 feet!!) of water is beyond me!! :confused:

"than I gotta go catch the 30 grands worth of gear ive left hanging off a big rock in real deep water.........."

good luck on getting that back, but how you go about trying to hook it in 860 metres (2820 feet!!) of water is beyond me!! :confused:

hopefully he's better at hooking his gear than hooking tigerfish!!!

geez that little camera of yours takes a wicked photo mike ....
thanks for posting them ,mate

by the way hows that camera going after you float tested it .....???

:confused: after me saying it was buggered went an tried it and its working perfectly!!!!!!! so non waterproof nikon coolpix when dropped into 2ft of zambezi river water and sand dry out and work after a 10 days or so ..............please do not try this at home as they say....:E Big Grin:

:E Hmmm: now pete what about that one of yours that had 5 or 6 goes and left you :E Head Scratch: :confused:...............:E Big Grin:
hmm, is that the same fish that scared you into throwing your camera into the river?? ;):D

oooohhhh the cheeky greek , has found his form again ..........

470 fathom , makes it sound easier ,mike
will need a heavier grapple hook and some long heavy chain
so I can direct onto the hard bank and the tow it down hill and hopefully hook straight on to it and pull it off backwards .......
sound esay don't it ......

was dreaming of Africa , wanting to get back there , and not watching what I was doing and towed to far, when it happened .

was dreaming of Africa , wanting to get back there , and not watching what I was doing and towed to far, when it happened .

so its mike's fault then!!
at the very least he owes you a free sable now

oooohhhh the cheeky greek , has found his form again ..........

yup it would appear so!!!

hmm, is that the same fish that scared you into throwing your camera into the river?? ;):D

thats the one .....:E Scared::E Frightened:................now bluey who does this remind you of ? even the hat is the same....:P Fisherman:.......:E Big Grin:

so its mike's fault then!!
at the very least he owes you a free sable now

now pete have you had a few too many castle lites today???? :D Drunk:
upload_2015-10-26_16-21-11.jpeg

470 fathom , makes it sound easier ,mike
will need a heavier grapple hook and some long heavy chain
so I can direct onto the hard bank and the tow it down hill and hopefully hook straight on to it and pull it off backwards .......
sound esay don't it ......

Cake walk. Hope the new tech gear makes the target look bigger.

Enjoy sharing the tale and pics with your family and mates at home.

thanks mate.
had a great night ,up dargo ,
good friends and a few gin and tonics ,flattened me pretty quick , tho id been up for a bit over a day
then drove back to my young blokes place to have breaky with there kids , that always an adventure .............
now im waiting for the fuel truck . then im sailing .....
will let you know if l get my net back .......heres hoping .....
the new hi tech stuff , has a lot of glitches , and isn't working properly .
had the tech guy last week but ,its still not working right .
no this will be all about luck..........luck is like a wheel barrow , you gotta push it to make it go anywhere.....:E Big Grin::E Big Grin:

Hopes it's not like pushing rope!

Hopes it's not like pushing rope!

or, like pushing, shit uphill........:(:(
trust me , it will work out fine ........tenacity will prevail.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg