ZAMBIA: spike.t's Epic Wonderland At Takeri Reserve Zambia

I start with about two pounds of good ground beef and add a pound of some form of country sausage. I use Cajun or Creole seasoning, two eggs, panko bread crumbs and several handfuls of grated sharp cheddar. For good luck, I'll splash in a little Shiner Bock for good luck. I've added half a diced white onion in the past. It then goes on the smoker for about five hours at 225. Any larger than this and it will dry out a bit trying to get to 165-170 degree internal temperature. I have a couple pictures on a particularly majestic loaf I did a while ago.

Takeri really is a special place that more people need to go to. I appreciate how easy it is to get to South Africa, but it really doesn't approach what you will experience along the Kafue River. As I mentioned in my hunt report with Western Safaris in the Eastern Cape, there are places that I love and feel happy. Takeri is one of them.

You will have to try make us some when you next pay us a visit...puku...bushbuck...who knows...but be interesting to taste

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylvesterB

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.
Yellow flank blesbok rutting!

White flank blesbok spotted under mid day shade!