Zambia - Open for Hunting

In Tanzania and Zambia, inbound tourists will be screened.
If you catch a cold in the airplane due to the air conditioning and your temperature is high, you are not allowed to enter the country,
Who takes you back as a Corona suspect and when???
Your payments are for nothing, who knows if the operator will be economically alive next year, so he should credit you for the trip you did not take.
The infection rates there are through the roof, daily new injunctions possible, which send you into quarantine.
Have fun in Arusha or Lusaka in government-mandated housing.

Guys,stay at home in these times.

If you catch a cold in the airplane due to the air conditioning and your temperature is high, you are not allowed to enter the country,
Your payments are for nothing, who knows if the operator will be economically alive next year, so he should credit you for the trip you did not take.
The infection rates there are through the roof, daily new injunctions possible, which send you into quarantine.

There is a difference between a cold and the virus....the virus test will show that ....

Great news on the opening!!!! It's a start....

Who fancies a sable ..defassa waterbuck...kafue lechwe...chobe bushbuck ...puku ...if any interest will put a package together....nice collection of zambian species

No blue duiker?

:A Outta:

Yes you will be screened. As with any country in the world allowing international transport. We can probably expect this to continue for many months or years even.
If you present with no symptoms you will continue on your way.
If you present with symptoms you will do a test and be sent on your way.
If your test is positive, you will be put into quarantine. Where that happens I do not know. Perhaps it will be a designated hospital or facility. Perhaps it will be safer to be kept at the hunting destination.

if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t plan the trip.
Others are comfortable with the options at hand and are booking their hunts And making arrangements at a rapid rate.

Let me ask this question.
At what point will you feel comfortable?
If the test becomes a standard for the next 3-5 years does that mean you will not travel internationally for that entire period? Or is it just while you are concerned about the high infection rates?

I would also recommend trip insurance if you are concerned about refunds etc.
Covid aside, there are many circumstances that could negatively influence your hunt that are out of your or the outfitters control. You cannot expect an outfitter who has paid the gov rates, trophy fees, purchased all camp goods, staff rations and wages to refund you in full should something impact your hunt. What if you fall down the disembarking steps on arrival? Would you expect the outfitter to refund you? How about not applying for the correct visa and being denied entry? Refund? Surely not.

Yes you will be screened. As with any country in the world allowing international transport. We can probably expect this to continue for many months or years even.
If you present with no symptoms you will continue on your way.
If you present with symptoms you will do a test and be sent on your way.
If your test is positive, you will be put into quarantine. Where that happens I do not know. Perhaps it will be a designated hospital or facility. Perhaps it will be safer to be kept at the hunting destination.

if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t plan the trip.
Others are comfortable with the options at hand and are booking their hunts And making arrangements at a rapid rate.

Let me ask this question.
At what point will you feel comfortable?
If the test becomes a standard for the next 3-5 years does that mean you will not travel internationally for that entire period? Or is it just while you are concerned about the high infection rates?

I would also recommend trip insurance if you are concerned about refunds etc.
Covid aside, there are many circumstances that could negatively influence your hunt that are out of your or the outfitters control. You cannot expect an outfitter who has paid the gov rates, trophy fees, purchased all camp goods, staff rations and wages to refund you in full should something impact your hunt. What if you fall down the disembarking steps on arrival? Would you expect the outfitter to refund you? How about not applying for the correct visa and being denied entry? Refund? Surely not.

(y) :D Beers:

Zambia is an amazing country. The upper Luangwa is one of my favorite places in Africa. This is sorely tempting!

Zambia is an amazing country. The upper Luangwa is one of my favorite places in Africa. This is sorely tempting!
Give in to the temptation ;)
Tell me what you need and book a ticket... :A Stirring:

LOL, I’m afraid that I’m pretty boring, it’s always the same thing, buffalo. The only time I’ve been and it wasn’t Buffalo was a tracking hunt for eland in the Kalahari. I must say, that was a challenging hunt!

Agreed, I would go back for sure. And certainly want to again, who knows if something pops up I may be game to travel!

LOL, I’m afraid that I’m pretty boring, it’s always the same thing, buffalo. The only time I’ve been and it wasn’t Buffalo was a tracking hunt for eland in the Kalahari. I must say, that was a challenging hunt!

Boring you are not!

You. @spike.t . and @PeteG would have a freaking blast together. I'd be jealous for sure!

i like that kind of boring! why not look at the deals available at the moment? i dont need much convincing to get back to the valley, but i do need a good reason :D

i like that kind of boring! why not look at the deals available at the moment? i dont need much convincing to get back to the valley, but i do need a good reason :D

What do ya think Royal, road trip?

Not sure I can pull it off right now but I’d like to know what deals are available in the valley.

:ROFLMAO:
zim is also on a 18:00 to 06:00 curfew!
so i guess that would make it daylight robbery...

There is no mandatory quarantine here.
You will only be asked to quarantine in a designated facility if you are positive for symptoms as well as a positive test once you arrive.
Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?

Today i received a notice stating that a couple of hunting clients have landed and come into the country without a hitch to conduct their hunts.

Where'd they drop in from?

There is a difference between a cold and the virus....the virus test will show that ....

yes, I am aware of the difference.
In the mostly well organized Germany it takes 24-48 hours until the result is available
and if it jams in the lab sometimes a week
And in Africa ?
Who can make reliable statements about this, if you know the African administration............
I understand you provider customers to encourage to travel again, I wish that too.

"Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?"
Good question.
On the cruise ships nobody was allowed to leave the ship when an incident occurred

Last edited:
yes, I am aware of the difference.
In the mostly well organized Germany it takes 24-48 hours until the result is available
and if it jams in the lab sometimes a week
And in Africa ?
Who can make reliable statements about this, if you know the African administration............
I understand you provider customers to encourage to travel again, I wish that too.

"Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?"
Good question.
On the cruise ships nobody was allowed to leave the ship when an incident occurred

Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?

Not according to the info I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg