ZAMBIA: Bangweulu & Tondwa Two Short Meat Hunts

Nice report Pete. It was a pleasure to meet you at the airport the other day. I appreciated your stopping by. I know it took a bit of effort. Sounds like the meat hunting went well. Nice looking black Lechwe. Goo to see the pics. Makes me miss Zambia. Would of liked to of spent a bit more time there. I guess its something to look forward to next time. Take care. Bruce

GOOD READING AND PICS.

We get to Mpika and pass through at about 13:00, got 70km to go to the turnoff to Lavushi Manda National Park. Takes about an hour as I have a little run in with the traffic cops outside of Mpika. :mad:
They make us repack the car so Monday can sit inside instead of on the back!
We hit the dirt and Monday promptly asks to stop so he can go sit at the back again!

o_O:E Rofl:

............. however the bloody fishermen cruising around on bicycles and doing their own work doesn’t go down well on the first blown stalk, or the second.

I tell the scout that if these f***ing people run off in the direction of the lechwe next stalk, something will die, and I don’t care if it’s not a lechwe.
Scout looks at me and in a glance decides best not mess with the bwana, he is pissed off!
we hop out for another stalk a bit later on and lo and behold, more fishermen.
quick as a flash, scout is out and runs up to them and tells them just to sit down until we leave. Well, whatever he said worked… :whistle:;)(y) ...............

Had the same feelings for a few Eskom workers that were about as swift. Wished I'd have had a Scout to intercede.

Great report Pete.

Nice report Pete. It was a pleasure to meet you at the airport the other day. I appreciated your stopping by. I know it took a bit of effort. Sounds like the meat hunting went well. Nice looking black Lechwe. Goo to see the pics. Makes me miss Zambia. Would of liked to of spent a bit more time there. I guess its something to look forward to next time. Take care. Bruce
It was good meeting you too, looks like the rest of your trip was awesome.
Zambia does tend to dig its claws in a bit and make you come back... you just have to give in a not fight it!!! ;):whistle::A Stirring::D Cheers:

Great hunting report! What a lovely black lechwe!!!

Enjoyed your report Pete

Thanks for the post and photos.

Thanks for your report, Pete, it was interesting and entertaining :D Cheers:

Did someone say blue duiker???? :A Blink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois