Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

I will assume we are referring to favorite African cartridges.
300 Win Mag
416 Rigby
if my focus is on elephant i leave my 300 home and take
416 Rigby
450 Ackley

if you need three toss in a 22LR

22lr. Best rifle ever!!
300winmag awesome bovine rifle
375 h&h. Cape buffalo? Let you know this June

The 22 LR should be thrown in for free and not counted because of its magical qualities for young nimrods . I still vividly recall as a nine year old boy prowling along the winding creek located below our little ranch house. The stream was lined with willows and cottonwood, where I stalked rogue elephant, man eating tiger, and dangerous lion with my ancient battered Stevens 22 LR. It was given to me by a hunting friend of my dads and I still have It. As i recall a box of 50 shells was two bits, 25 cents, at the local general store.

What bovine species?
Tried a 6.5 creed more on water buffalo? Great shot, as she couldn’t move, next shot dropped her. Went with the 300 win mag, bison went down first shot. Can’t say enough about the 300 with a proof barrel!! Next is cape then ??

6,5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer
8x68S
.404 Jeffrey

May change at short notice. :cool:

HWL

Just found this. It’s a tuff question but my top 3 choices would have to be based on what I’m hunting. If I was going to pick 3 rifles I can’t live without it would be my 223 wylde, my 30-30 and my 458 socom

Only 3? If we are talking 3 for everything, I would probably have to say 22lr, 12 gauge, and 30-06. If we are talking centerfire rifle rounds...

1- 30-06 This was the first rifle I bought and I got lucky because I didn't know my rear end from a hole in the ground back then. That Savage is ridiculously accurate and turned out to be the best purchase I have made. It will definitely be going to Africa as soon as funds allow.

2- 45-70 with modern loadings. In a Marlin 1895, it is very handy, allows for very fast follow up shots on multiple targets, and puts game down with authority.

3- 22-250 It does a wonderful job turning varmints into red mist and with proper bullets is perfectly capable on game such as white tailed deer. With it's light recoil, it works well for kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois