Wyoming Winter Kill

Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.
I was just going through my draw results.
 
Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.

It only took about a year for me to figure out no way to beat point creep. So I decided OTC or Africa.
 
It only took about a year for me to figure out no way to beat point creep. So I decided OTC or Africa.
Yes, in many Western states including here in Colorado, it's become a "death march" to try and draw certain tags, even for residents. You'll either die or become physically unable due to age to do the hunt by the time you draw.
 
Wyoming draw results came out today. I didn't draw a moose tag, again. Actually, I'm not too sad about it, given the hard winter. I'll have 22 points next year, but the drawing system is changing and not sure I am going to continue playing the game.
The drawing system did not change. The legislature quashed it.
 
Yes, in many Western states including here in Colorado, it's become a "death march" to try and draw certain tags, even for residents. You'll either die or become physically unable due to age to do the hunt by the time you draw.

It is what it is, I did public land. Never seen so many people in the wood at one time. Africa is not the same, it cost about the same to hunt there or a private ranch for Elk.
 
Updated Antelope limits from WGFD. The Sublette herd I hunted with my brother 10 years ago. Quite significant drops in quota.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Game-and-Fish-makes-additional-cuts-to-antelope-li
I'm surprised does are included at all with the disastrous kill off? NW Colorado was hit hard too and they've drastically reduced tags for pronghorn, deer and elk. The DOW states it's the worst winter/kill off in 70 years. Much worse than the '82-'83 winter. They also stated they never imagined elk would be killed off at the rate they were this winter. That's REALLY bad!
 
I’ve hunted both those herds in Wyo, really makes me sad to see them hammered so hard. Lots of negative factors this winter.
 
Got a message from my outfitter yesterday. While their license numbers have been reduced, they weren't hit as hard.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,238
Members
169,511
Latest member
ChaunceySp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top