WTB Scope 1-6 Power Or...

Fire652

AH veteran
Joined
Sep 7, 2016
Messages
170
Reaction score
170
Location
Zanesville, oh
Media
30
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
P&y, nwtf
Looking for a scope preferably keupold vx 3 for a 375 ruger. Let me know if anyone has anything. Thanks. This is for a 375 ruger that I am taking to Africa in two years after buffalo
 
Fire I think you want a VX6 if you can find one. They are 1-6 power and have 120' field of view when powered down! 20' field of view at full power.
 
Charlie's offering great advice. I have the VX-6 1-6X24 CDS on each of my '06s and love them.
 
Charlie's recommendation is correct , either the VX6 in 1-6 or the VX3 in 1.5-5

both are great scopes IMHO

you may want to look at the VX3 2.5-8x36 , this is my favorite scope .
 
Forgot to mention, but eBay has numerous VX 6 1-6x24 scopes for less than I paid for mine.
 
@Fire652 the above advice is all correct, you can't get a 1-6 scope in a VX 3, the 3 stands for 3 times, such as 3-9, the round to 1.5-5. Max magnification is actually 4.5x. There is also a 1.75 to 6, with max magnification at 5.5x.

If you want a great quality but small light weight 1" tube scope for a good price, do find a Leopold VX3 is the 1.5-5, 1.75-6, 0r 2.5-8 version... However if you want a fantastic scope for the money, get a 30mm tube VX6 in 1-6 or 2-12x42. And if you go this route, seriously consider spending the extra $100 or so to get the lighted reticle.

IMO, another great option for a 375 is a VXR in 2-7, priced like a VX3 but with 30mm tube and lighted reticle.

I have a few of each of the above, all great scopes. That 375 Ruger will reach out to 300 yards pretty well with Hornady Superformance 250 grain GMX bullets, or a similar handload.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,973
Members
169,672
Latest member
Matt Price
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top