Want To Buy .300 Win Mag preferably threaded for suppressor

Tikka has gone through some serious torture testing. Being frozen and buried in the snow, etc. One fellow said the original 695 was designed by the Finns to kill Russians, lol. It's one of very few that work. I would never put an aftermarket trigger in a Tikka. They adjust down to a nice trigger for a hunting gun.

I have my share of Remingtons and clones like Christensen who use basically the same fire control system. They don't work well when exposed to extremes. Does that matter to you most of the time? Maybe, maybe not.
 
Hey fellas! I found a perfect fit for my needs in a Ruger Hawkeye Hunter from another senior member. I couldn't be more pleased, as I love my Rugers'! Thanks for all the kind offers and insight! I'll keep you posted!!
 
Hey fellas! I found a perfect fit for my needs in a Ruger Hawkeye Hunter from another senior member. I couldn't be more pleased, as I love my Rugers'! Thanks for all the kind offers and insight! I'll keep you posted!!
You won’t be disappointed. I’ve got the Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter and it is an excellent rifle.
 
Hey fellas! I found a perfect fit for my needs in a Ruger Hawkeye Hunter from another senior member. I couldn't be more pleased, as I love my Rugers'! Thanks for all the kind offers and insight! I'll keep you posted!!

I have a Ruger 77 Hawkeye SS in 7mm Rem Mag and a Hawkeye FTW in 375 Ruger that I like a lot. I don’t do Tikkas in 300 Win Mag. No room in the magazine.

IMG_0876.jpeg
 
I would second the Tikka idea. I see the lack of room in the factory plastic mag. There are some aftermarket metal mags that might have more room. My Tikka is an old .308 T3 Varmint but everything about it is just boring. Shoots everything and groups tight. I did replace thr stock just because the old stock made me sad. I have a very old Christensen .300 labeled as a Model 14 (back before the carbon fiber thing was a thing. It came as a detachable mag (carbon fiber mag actually) that after some fretting and safari issues I changed over to a standard flat bottom. It had feed lips so it did work with much help from Christensen support. It is maybe my favorite rifle in hand. Stock is perfect and the two rounds I use to hunt (180gr TBT and 200gr NP) both group wonderfully. Also, it is threaded. The guy I bought (stole?) it from made me a deal in a moment of weakness and has now made me promise to give it back to me upon ny death. It isn't the smoothest action but boy does it shoot. Point being, both have been good for me but if thr aftermarket steel mag alleviated any length concerns I might tip my cap on the Tikka. Good deal. Aftermarket stocks available off thr shelf and boy do they shoot. Good luck with the search?
 
I have the Begara in 300 WM and it is a nice shooting rifle with threaded barrel from factory. I had a Rem 700 BDL and it kicked like a mule, sold it got the Begara and night and day different even without the suppressor.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,333
Members
169,338
Latest member
ggo88vipto
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top