Would you like a Cigar?

A long week, calls for a long after work Cigar....and the requisite cold beers

Montecristo Espada, in Churchill.
IMG_20200918_163849147.jpg

Last year I had major problems with Nubs lighting. So I put a couple away for 9 months at 62 humidity. So tonight is the night...and fail...

The damn thing wouldn't light with a butane lighter unless it was held directly in the flame for over 3 minutes. Needless to say it was ruined. I give up on Nub :S Rant:

Haven't smoked much the past week with the smoke in the air from all the forest fires but got a couple in last night.
CLE Connecticut: The gent that started the Camacho line produced this. Good smoke - on the lighter side but burnt pretty well.
CLE - Connecticut.jpg

Padron - always enjoyable
Padron.jpg

@Brent in Az, I like those Espada, they are very good cigars.

@curtism1234, sorry to hear about you having such bad luck with Nubs. I like them, and so far no issues. I wonder if it was a bad batch?

@Uncle Sauce, I am a huge fan of Padrons. Unfortunately they are hard to find on sale, and my mom has not gone to Nicaragua this year. She buys them for me at the duty free. I met Jose Padron Sr. A very nice gentlemen with a wealth of cigar knowledge. I was lucky enough to receive a 4 pack of Padron 3000s from him. My girlfriend helped his wife get an appointment at the clinic she worked at. :):)

[USER=50517 said:
@Uncle Sauce[/USER], I am a huge fan of Padrons. Unfortunately they are hard to find on sale, and my mom has not gone to Nicaragua this year. She buys them for me at the duty free. I met Jose Padron Sr. A very nice gentlemen with a wealth of cigar knowledge. I was lucky enough to receive a 4 pack of Padron 3000s from him. My girlfriend helped his wife get an appointment at the clinic she worked at. :):)
Man - I need to hang out with you! Got to meet Padron Sr. and free cigars! :) I would be honored to meet the man behind those fine cigars.
Your right though - difficult to find on sale but it does make it more of a treat when I get to fire one up!

Enjoying an AVO Nicaragua with some well deserved cooler weather.

148931DF-C0CE-4AC7-950E-545E5ADBE4D6.jpeg
5C1F65AD-E422-4C02-BB7E-E3ED1DDCFFA2.png

Got on the golf course today for the first time all year for my Masonic Lodge's Golf Outing. I don't drink on the course, but don't play a hole without a cigar.

Today's first selection has been my favorite golf cigar for a couple years. Original Key West Cigar Factory El Grande. A 52x9 delight. Lasts me 12 holes of duffer preferred ball.
20200919_091003.jpeg

No. 2. A Nicaraguan Norteno, made in Esteli, Nicaragua. Very good little cigar w notes of chocolate/cocoa.

6EF316B5-028B-4366-BEFC-748AB765EB7D.jpeg

IMG_2026.JPG

Well, got out of my usual comfort zone and fired up this 601 Blue Maduro to see what it was all about. It is very much the full bodied, peppery, creamy, earthy smoke. Lots of good smoke from start to finish, but as I said, very bold. Constructed well, burned quite even. At $7 a stick from CI, I will order again. Definitely not for the mild cigar, or only occasional, cigar smoker.

These are the best $5 sticks I've ever smoked. They are even better then some $15 sticks that I've had. They don't come with any bands on them. I'm looking around the internet to see if I can find some bundles.
I purchased a handful of these from my local shop, by the singles.
IMG_20200921_163802804.jpg

Let me know if you score Brent

Let me know if you score Brent

So far nothing. Sometimes the shops have connections that we can't get from online retailers? I'll keep looking.

I do have a big order coming in from CI, with some blends I haven't tried yet.

Oh Momma, that’s a good one @Browning325! Just a Can’t Beat brand consistency and flavor. Congrats on the celebration and love the ashtray!

Had my wedding on September 12 and we had a hand rolled on site cigar bar at the rehersal dinner I have to say it was amazing and they paired the cogars with bourbons scotches and brandy at the party it was amazing if anyone wants the contact info for an event

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg