Would you like a Cigar?

Archetype "The Master", by Ventura Cigars. A boutique cigar company, that some say could be the next big name Company in the Cigar industry?

A Nicauraguan puro with excellent, quality, burn, and draw. Very complex in the flavor notes. Hickory, Coffee, cream, nutiness, light spice, and other notes. A medium body blend.

Made at the Hoyo de Nicauragua factory.

Not cheap, at $13.50 single stick price, but I consider it an excellent smoke.
20200509_160824.jpeg
 
Cold beer, grilled Steaks, and fine cigars.

Always a favorite, the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No.2, is a 92 rated stick. Notes of cocoa, nuts, and subtle spice. Dominican tobacco, with a Cameroon wrapper.

Arturo Fuente uses it's most aged Tobaccos for the Don Carlos line.

Approx $15 single stick price
20200509_170814.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Drew Estate Natural...wait they got in trouble with the ATF...Drew Estate Larutan

Straightforward chocolate. Mild/moderate at first goes to mild chocolate / mild hay. Pretty good, but I think Tabak and Java are probably better.

View attachment 347059
What did they do to get in trouble with the Fed?
 
Drew Estate Natural...wait they got in trouble with the ATF...Drew Estate Larutan

Straightforward chocolate. Mild/moderate at first goes to mild chocolate / mild hay. Pretty good, but I think Tabak and Java are probably better.

View attachment 347059
I tried a couple of different blends when they were still called Naturals. I bought a box of Root and Irish Hops, and quite enjoyed both.

There are quite a few of the Drew Estate/Acid infused cigars I enjoy. They are particularly good for casual gatherings with a light-hearted air.

Nice to know why their name was changed, too.
 
I like me some Rocky Patel - My favorite is their Vintage 1990. I haven't tried this one yet...Have to get me one!
 
I like me some Rocky Patel - My favorite is their Vintage 1990. I haven't tried this one yet...Have to get me one!
Get a few, they are good and haven't seen them around lately. Finally found My Father at the smoke shop. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
 
Brickhouse Maduro, by J.C Newman. A 91 rated stick, with a Brazilian wrapper, and Nicauraguan fillers. Full flavored, with earthy notes, and a light cocoa sweetness.

$7.60 for the mighty mighty size.
20200512_170934.jpeg
 
Stopped by the cigar shop, and was excited when I found they were starting to stock some Dunbarton.

The Sobremesa, by Dunbarton Tobacco & trust.

Very smooth for a dark cigar with a variety of tobacco leafs. A sweet earthy flavor, with notes of coffee, cedar, light spice, and a flavor I haven't been able to pinpoint.

Good smoke, from the legendary Steve Saka.

Pricey, at $12.30 Robusto.
20200515_180551.jpeg
 
Stopped by the cigar shop, and was excited when I found they were starting to stock some Dunbarton.

The Sobremesa, by Dunbarton Tobacco & trust.

Very smooth for a dark cigar with a variety of tobacco leafs. A sweet earthy flavor, with notes of coffee, cedar, light spice, and a flavor I haven't been able to pinpoint.

Good smoke, from the legendary Steve Saka.

Pricey, at $12.30 Robusto.View attachment 348332

I decided to be like Brent today. I always keep these in the humidor but pay we less than $12 for them. :eek:

I've got a Sobremesa Brulee I want to try as well sitting in the humidor.

15896447022814932288424066437431.jpg
 
I decided to be like Brent today. I always keep these in the humidor but pay we less than $12 for them. :eek:

I've got a Sobremesa Brulee I want to try as well sitting in the humidor.

View attachment 348413
Don't ever be like Brent. It's not a good thing. [emoji23]

The shop sticker price is, $12.30, but as a good customer I get a nice discount, and I always tip the Tobacconist at the shop to keep those discounts rolling [emoji2]

He is going to bring in some of the Sobremesa Brulee for me. I've been wanting to try those as well
 
Don't ever be like Brent. It's not a good thing. [emoji23]

The shop sticker price is, $12.30, but as a good customer I get a nice discount, and I always tip the Tobacconist at the shop to keep those discounts rolling [emoji2]

He is going to bring in some of the Sobremesa Brulee for me. I've been wanting to try those as well

Brent goes by “that shop” too often.

I am more the buy by the box than the stick, and spread the wealth to various online sites. The only real shop spree I went on was with a credit at my local not so local shop. It was fun while it lasted. I did some experimentation, but in the end just bought a couple boxes.

Right now I am just sitting on about 30 cigar boxes of various brands and rotating them through the daily smokes.

I also have to admit I am a creature of habit. Offer a cigar, or recommend one, I am apt to try. Put me in a cigar shop and I will always go tried and true. I guess that comes with age.
 
Brent goes by “that shop” too often.

I am more the buy by the box than the stick, and spread the wealth to various online sites. The only real shop spree I went on was with a credit at my local not so local shop. It was fun while it lasted. I did some experimentation, but in the end just bought a couple boxes.

Right now I am just sitting on about 30 cigar boxes of various brands and rotating them through the daily smokes.

I also have to admit I am a creature of habit. Offer a cigar, or recommend one, I am apt to try. Put me in a cigar shop and I will always go tried and true. I guess that comes with age.
Guilty as charged.
 
Archetype "The Pupil", by Ventura Cigar's. Archetype had 2 special releases this year. " The master", and "The Pupil". I smoked the master last week, and it is a great smoked. The Pupil, not so much. This one is a Connecticut wrapper, with a citrus and light spice flavor. It's not bad, IMO, just not worth the $13.50 price tag, minus discount.

The Master is very good, and I picked up another at the cigar shop.
IMG_20200516_165356075_BURST000_COVER.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,356
Messages
1,574,051
Members
169,891
Latest member
KrystalTre
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top