Would you hunt with it?

I am wholeheartedly against trigger squeezing. I break the trigger on command. Once I aquire the sight picture I am looking for it is one quick, I guess you could call it a "fast squeeze, but more like a "crush". I concentrate on not moving anything but my trigger finger and I "break" the shot. I don't like the squeeze it until it surprises you method because that does not work in an offhand situation or an unsteady situation where you may have to shoot in a "wobble". I will admit I don't usually "shoot in a wobble" at animals but I have found that breaking the trigger on command works better in general for field situations.
My max with my DR in 500 Ne is 80 yards…I do not practice beyond that. You are using the marine method of trigger pull nothing wrong with that. I was taught by a former Seal who taught me let breath completely out no halfway stuff and squeeze. You are ready to go! Target grouping looks great!!!

My max with my DR in 500 Ne is 80 yards…I do not practice beyond that. You are using the marine method of trigger pull nothing wrong with that. I was taught by a former Seal who taught me let breath completely out no halfway stuff and squeeze. You are ready to go! Target grouping looks great!!!
I am ready to move it back and see what she will do, luckily the better shooting of the two is the load with my softs, the A Frames, which is the one that would get employed in a longer 80 yard ish kind of situation. It was putting them in the ballpark of 1.75" apart so I look forward to stretching it out a bit and seeing what it will do. I hope to use it on as many animals a a possible so 80-100 yard accuracy would be nice, but ultimately the gun will decide how far it is useable. The blaser 458 on the other hand, I think there is going to be some long range baboon killing possibly with it. Load work up is still in progress.

I have heard nothing but good things about the R8 especially at shooting longer shots even with large bore calibers

I am really looking forward to doing some testing with it. I had a CZ in 458 Lott that I could pretty regularly ring a 10" gong with at 400 yards. This blaser looks to be every bit as accurate, and possibly quite a bit more accurate. I have a trade worked with a fellow and I have a 100 or so woodleigh 500's coming and I also have some swifts, however what really interests me is the 300 grain Barnes and the 258 grain CEB Socom bullets. Those can be driven in the ballpark of 2800, and with the 258's probably close to 3000 fps. That is some 200 yard PG medicine all day long, and I think the R8 provides the trigger and the potential accuracy to make that a very real possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!