Working Hard to Hunt Buffalo in May

Great shooting. I used 400 gr Barnes TSX bullets in my .404 and they performed perfectly. I think you've made an excellent choice.

That Barns X will be totally lethal in that rifle. Can't wait to read the report. And where are you headed? Somewhere south of the Sahara there is a dead Syncerus caffer caffer walking.

I will hunt buff and sable in the Mpumalanga Province of SA.

Christina have you been back to the range to practice?

Good luck on the buff/sable. Looking forward to hearing about how everything went for you

Christina have you been back to the range to practice?
Yes. But more at the long distance range with the rifle. Also doing more sporting clay shooting since we will also do a little bird hunting while in SA. I will practice with the mechanical buff next week and promise to get the details of the contraption they have built and photos as I promised. :)

We are all pulling for you!

I usually shoot 300s out of my 375HH I'd be interested in seeing how your 350s perform

Thanks Y'all. I really appreciate the support. But isn't this site what its about? Eighteen days for me and counting down. With birthdays and weddings in-between. Oh......and maybe a little race car driving. LOL! ;)
13131004_1065352226837125_2448735314413816721_o.jpg
IMG_5507.JPG

What an excellent training tool. I would really like to know how to manufacture a device like that. I hope your good efforts are rewarded with a dandy Buffalo!

Hi Y'all!

Just thought I'd share a video of a rig the gentlemen I hunt Africa through (Dennis Stanley and Henry Baskerville), set up to prep those of us in our group for hunting buffalo. Though we won't discuss their artistic skills. :rolleyes: Less than two months before we head back over. This is just one of the ways I'm ensuring I am ready. Being a perfectionist through and through, I am forever after myself to improve. I fortunately have great instructors to turn to for guidance. :)

That is AWESOME!

That's the kind of training I do when practicing personal defense shooting. I'd say a charging buffalo would be defensive shooting.

Excellent shooting!

Thanks Y'all. One week and counting down for me. I'm pretty well packed and pick up my malaria meds tomorrow. I might get out to do a little clay shooting tomorrow. Other than that, just dry firing the .375 H&H every night. It really helps me with regard to trigger pull. But there really is nothing like planning to hunt Africa to slow time down. Y'all know how that goes.

I tried to take photos of the gadget they built for the charging buff. But I had to hold off posting them because the gentleman who built it, I am told, may be patenting the device. If I can get more information or even photos, and he'll let me post, I'll be happy to do so.

Good luck on your Hunt and stay safe

Buff down! And a common sable too. With a blue wildebeest thrown in for fun. Thanks to Andrew Pringle's, Crusader Safaris. And my PH, Rad Robertson. What a great young man and tenacious hunter! This is an Outfitter that never disappoints. And thanks to Safaris Unlimited for organizing yet another great hunt. Cannot wait to go back! :):A Banana:

13392208_1085864521452562_3175195679400850047_o.jpg
13340190_1085827071456307_593472937730094560_o.jpg
13350281_1084023314970016_3311958841978106319_o.jpg

great job looks like you had one heck of a hunt. All of those are great animals.

Last edited:
Congrats on some great trophies!

Great animals Christina. I'm guessing that in the back of your mind you're thinking about buffalo #2...and 3, etc.!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!