Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Argentina, Virginia and North Carolina (USA)
Hi Y'all!

Just thought I'd share a video of a rig the gentlemen I hunt Africa through (Dennis Stanley and Henry Baskerville), set up to prep those of us in our group for hunting buffalo. Though we won't discuss their artistic skills. :rolleyes: Less than two months before we head back over. This is just one of the ways I'm ensuring I am ready. Being a perfectionist through and through, I am forever after myself to improve. I fortunately have great instructors to turn to for guidance. :)

Good shooting Christina! Who is responsible for the Buffalo graffiti?

Saw this on FB this morning, I will be showing this to my wife. You shall be her (or perhaps my) inspiration for working her up to my .375H&H. Well done!

Nice!

Proper way to practise...

Thats good stuff.
Train, train, train.....

Hello Christina,

Good work with the rifle.
However, shooting at even just a picture of the highly secretive and little known - "Polar Bear-Musk Ox Hybrid" (depicted on your charging animal target) is bound to spark an investigation from the World Order of Vegenazis (when they're not too busy investigating UFO's, Big Foot and Elvis sightings).

Cheers,
Velo Dog

Awesome video!! I've been looking for something like this for a while now (charging buff target).....
Christina;
Can you elaborate a little more on how the target it set up? Obviously, it's on a wire, but what sets it 'running'?, what are the "specifics" (wire gauge, distance, etc).....would love to have the particulars, if you have 'em.
I've been toying with the idea of a wheeled platform (using old lawn mower wheels), being pulled by some sort of spinning axle (for lack of a better explanation).

As for the "grafitti": Like my grandma used to say; "never criticize someone unless you can do better yourself!";):p

Great shooting, BTW!(y)

Mr 16 thanks for asking the question I was thinking.

Hi Y'all!

Just thought I'd share a video of a rig the gentlemen I hunt Africa through (Dennis Stanley and Henry Baskerville), set up to prep those of us in our group for hunting buffalo. Though we won't discuss their artistic skills. :rolleyes: Less than two months before we head back over. This is just one of the ways I'm ensuring I am ready. Being a perfectionist through and through, I am forever after myself to improve. I fortunately have great instructors to turn to for guidance. :)

Go Christina - pulling for you ;)

Awesome video!! I've been looking for something like this for a while now (charging buff target).....
Christina;
Can you elaborate a little more on how the target it set up? Obviously, it's on a wire, but what sets it 'running'?, what are the "specifics" (wire gauge, distance, etc).....would love to have the particulars, if you have 'em.
I've been toying with the idea of a wheeled platform (using old lawn mower wheels), being pulled by some sort of spinning axle (for lack of a better explanation).

As for the "grafitti": Like my grandma used to say; "never criticize someone unless you can do better yourself!";):p

Great shooting, BTW!(y)

Thanks, to each of you, for the encouragement. I'll also pass on the compliments to the artist. I know she'll appreciate them. And I am by no means criticizing her artistic skills. Stick figures is the best I can do. LOL!

The target set-up is quite a gadget. And, with my lack of mechanical knowledge, the best I can do is photograph the device when I hit the range next time. All I can tell you is that it takes about 30 minutes to set up, and one end is attached to the hitch of a stationary truck. It is remote controlled, with the ability to control speed. But, boy, it sure is fun to use practicing to shoot buffalo. I also find when I arrive at the range, the number of men playing with the device is ever growing. :LOL:

But I promise, I'll post photos of the gadget on this post next time I go out. Hopefully in the coming week. :)

Good shots, nice way to train !

Hi, that's looks like fun practising! Are you shooting the cartridge you will hunt with? What is your set up for this hunt?

Hi, that's looks like fun practising! Are you shooting the cartridge you will hunt with? What is your set up for this hunt?

At this point, I have not been shooting with the ammo I will use for the hunt. The gentleman in the video coaching me, Dennis Stanley, will be loading ammo for me to take on this hunt, and I will begin using it each time I hit the range from here on out. He'll be loading 350gr Barnes X and 350gr solids for buff hunting.
And its one month and ten days before we head out. I'm not just a little restless at this point. :LOL::A Banana:

At this point, I have not been shooting with the ammo I will use for the hunt. The gentleman in the video coaching me, Dennis Stanley, will be loading ammo for me to take on this hunt, and I will begin using it each time I hit the range from here on out. He'll be loading 350gr Barnes X and 350gr solids for buff hunting.
And its one month and ten days before we head out. I'm not just a little restless at this point. :LOL::A Banana:

I like the idea of the 350gr bullets for my 375 as well. I got some Woodleigh's but have not loaded them up yet. Let us know how they shoot!

I am sure the time will fly. Have a safe trip.

That Barns X will be totally lethal in that rifle. Can't wait to read the report. And where are you headed? Somewhere south of the Sahara there is a dead Syncerus caffer caffer walking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!