Woodleigh Bullets - Feedback for Production Requested

.366 - 320 gr RN or PPSN
.264 - 160 gr
 
Can confirm they are making these, pop up in our local gunstore each order! NT Australia! I may or may not be stockpiling a few boxes for my custom build!
Nothing wrong with planning ahead.
 
Woodleigh has had supply issues for years, even prior to the unfortunate disaster. They are fantastic bullets...my solutions to their woes was to 1) buy in bulk-still have 2 boxes of 264 160s, and 2) find a suitable alternative in other calibers (as the only other 6.5 160 was the Hdy RN which is no good for longer range work) like Swift SPs and Barnes solids. The Woodleigh 458s are also the shortest for caliber, so they were tailor-made for the low-case volume WM.
 
458 Win Mag 480 grain RN SN, FMJ

450 No.2 480 grain RN SN, FMJ (takes the same bullet as the 450 NE)

475 No.2 Jeffery (.488 diameter) 500 grain RN SN, FMJ

The 475 No.2 Jeffery is the most important to me as it is unique in diameter and my favorite rifle.
 
With due respect to the quality of Woodleigh bullets and the valuable contributions they have made, there are a lot of really good bullets made these days and while Woodleighs are excellent bullets and may well be equal to other premium bullets, it would be hard to make the case that they are substantially better, which would force them to compete on price, which is a rough road. I think putting focus on the oddballs (333, maybe 404, 425, the various nitro express auklets, etc) would be the best opening move. The nig boys have been putting their efforts (understandably enough) into the popular calibers. Supplies are still relatively tight on the oddballs.

Disclaimer: I do not manufacture and sell bullets for a living and I may be completely wrong. If Geoff knows from experience that he can make a profit selling 308 projectiles, have at it.
 
I have Woodleighs in 423 and 375. Would like to get 180 grn .308 PP SN, if possible.
 
The heavy for caliber....
.264 160 gr
.278 175 gr
.323 250 gr
.366 320 gr
.375 350 gr
.416 450 gr
..... and the .458 480 gr, to make the .458 Win-Mag the perfect cartridge.
.... and the .375 270 gr for the 9,5x57 Mannlicher-Schoenauer!!!

...or even better, make them all, as you did.....

HWL
 
With due respect to the quality of Woodleigh bullets and the valuable contributions they have made, there are a lot of really good bullets made these days and while Woodleighs are excellent bullets and may well be equal to other premium bullets, it would be hard to make the case that they are substantially better, which would force them to compete on price, which is a rough road. I think putting focus on the oddballs (333, maybe 404, 425, the various nitro express auklets, etc) would be the best opening move. The nig boys have been putting their efforts (understandably enough) into the popular calibers. Supplies are still relatively tight on the oddballs.

Disclaimer: I do not manufacture and sell bullets for a living and I may be completely wrong. If Geoff knows from experience that he can make a profit selling 308 projectiles, have at it.
400 grain .458 SP, for lighter loading (2250 fps in .458 WinMag.)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,588
Members
169,590
Latest member
JosephGrefe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top