Winchester M70 Safari Express sights

Voodooracer

AH enthusiast
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
406
Reaction score
332
Media
21
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
2
Hi all,
I had a quick question about the new/current production Safari express’. Does anyone make an express rear sight base that fits the existing holes for the stock base? Or will this require gunsmithing to accomplish? I know this is kind of a broad question but I want to upgrade the stock sights to the shallow v express sights, my eyes just pick that style up better. My apologies if this has been hashed out already. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Voodoo
 
  • Like
Reactions: RSL
What is your current sight setup as in blade style? A file can make quick work and a bluing pen. NECG sight company has an express rear with two screws. They don't line up but one can put one in the factory and have the other machined and tapped. They also offer different blade types.
 
Necg sell a few sight inserts that fit the factory super express sight base. Look around there under rear sights. I think it’s the 16mm dovetail.
 
Try Wisner. He makes the older style Safari express that adjust for elevation. I think 4 contour sizes but not sure the mounting holes. Nice looking sight.
IMG_4104.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have Winchester Safari Express sights from 1990s on both my 03A3 Springfield and 98 Mauser 404J. Mine were older model with flip up single leaf, fully adjustable. I'm fairly certain Williams Gunsight made these for Winchester. They make the current design which is the same as mine but with fixed upright leaf. Check Williams online catalog. You can email them for screw placement info. They're very helpful.
 
What is your current sight setup as in blade style? A file can make quick work and a bluing pen. NECG sight company has an express rear with two screws. They don't line up but one can put one in the factory and have the other machined and tapped. They also offer different blade types.
Currently I just have the stock sights. I was wondering about NEGC and the thought dawned on me after posting to reach out to them. I’ve got a good gunsmith local to me that I would definitely utilize for that project. I will still email them to see if they have inserts or what other options they offer. I appreciate the input!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,964
Members
169,076
Latest member
ShellaTugg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top