Winchester M70 Classic SS 300wsm New Haven Mfg

jwood1284

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Excellent Condition 300wsm classic stainless. New Haven, CT six digit serial #. Includes SS Warne bases as shown, and NECG SS hex action screws (uninstalled). Feeds and ejects loaded and empties like butter.

$900 shipped to FFL conus.

M70 - Imgur.jpg

M70 - Imgur (1).jpg

M70 - Imgur (2).jpg

M70 - Imgur (3).jpg

M70 - Imgur (4).jpg

M70 - Imgur (5).jpg

M70 - Imgur (6).jpg

Any idea of round count?
No. I’ve owned it for two years and it’s been in the back of the safe, unfired by me. From the looks of the inside of the action and chamber it’s been fired very little, certainly not enough to be of any significance.

Nice rifle and good deal, if I didn’t already have a 300 WSM I’d jump on it, free bump!

@michael458 , how's this for a B&M platform?
Yes, it would be the beginning of the standard B&Ms.... from 9.3 to 50, 2.240 to 2.250 inch RUM cases.......

The magazine holds three down.......I see someone asked......

For sure needs a decent stock.... I have dozens of those things thrown in the corner from taking them off various guns.......An excellent stock for those, and cheap, if you are running lighter calibers from 9.3 to 416 is the Ultimate Stock..........

Running heavier, then absolutely yes, Accurate Innovations.......... Just last week I helped get a rifle ready for a hunt, 458 B&M with 19 inch barrel. Wes at Accurate Innovations put a new English stock on the gun..........

DSCN3427-X4.jpg
DSCN3403-X4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are running lighter calibers from 9.3 to 416 is the Ultimate Stock..........
Who is the manufacturer of this stock? Could you provide a link?

Thanks!

I have that same rifle and I was wondering if it would fit a Model 70 Supergrade stock. I am betting it would...and would look a lot better. Nice rifle, super accurate and reliable.

I have that same rifle and I was wondering if it would fit a Model 70 Supergrade stock. I am betting it would...and would look a lot better. Nice rifle, super accurate and reliable.

It will..

Ive got a Model 70 Stainless Classic in 375 H&H.. I had it in a supergrade stock for a while.. it fit just fine..

Who is the manufacturer of this stock? Could you provide a link?

Thanks!
The Ultimate stock is a very simple light weight plastic stock that Winchester had someone do for them when they were still at New Haven. It was common. I don’t know who made it for WInchester. You may still be able to get them from CDNN, I bought dozens of them for $49.95 some years ago.

The Ultimate stock is a very simple light weight plastic stock that Winchester had someone do for them when they were still at New Haven. It was common. I don’t know who made it for WInchester. You may still be able to get them from CDNN, I bought dozens of them for $49.95 some years ago.
I'll agree. The factory tupperware on the NH classic stainless rifles is indeed very light,, free floated, and has a surprisingly stiff forearm.

would this be it?

seems like an outrageously inexpensive stock!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.14.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.14.22 AM.png
    441.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.14.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.14.24 AM.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 45
would this be it?

seems like an outrageously inexpensive stock!
No, I think that one is just the normal plastic POS stock. The one I am talking about will be listed as Ultimate, or Ultimate Classic, something like that……. It will have the rubber type inserts in the pistol grip and forearm…….

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.15.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.15.29 AM.png
    559.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.15.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.15.30 AM.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 46

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross