Why Do Hunters Think It's Cool To Kill Lions

Decades ago, my wife and I were lost and starving in the Amazon jungle. There was fellow with us from Amsterdam, a guy who drove taxi back home. He would not eat meat unless it was ground and formed into a square patty, and the idea of killing something was abhorent. Until, that is, we had not had much to eat for about a week. Then he was ready to tear the head off a monkey with his teeth and drink it's blood. Needless to say his attitude about killing animals evolved....

Decades ago, my wife and I were lost and starving in the Amazon jungle. There was fellow with us from Amsterdam, a guy who drove taxi back home. He would not eat meat unless it was ground and formed into a square patty, and the idea of killing something was abhorent. Until, that is, we had not had much to eat for about a week. Then he was ready to tear the head off a monkey with his teeth and drink it's blood. Needless to say his attitude about killing animals evolved...
Amazing how difficult circumstances that challenge your assumptions can create such perspective shifts.

Decades ago, my wife and I were lost and starving in the Amazon jungle.

I wouldn’t mind reading more of your story if you don’t mind sharing.

Hunters will only survive by fighting for their cause, the anti's wong just go away. The greatest victory is when we add to our numbers, thank God for the people and organisations who fight every day - I wish I did more myself.

English is not my mother tongue. But the term "cool", has the same meaning in my language too.

Hunting, is not something I would describe as "cool". (lion, CBL, pheasent, deer, or PG, or DG, regardless)
It is something that I love, that I do, and there is something that always draws me to do it again.
It is who I am.

"cool" may be the clothes that I wear for offical meeting, or some other fashion, like fancy tie, or my new suburban car, but "cool" is not my hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg