Why all the 6.5 Creedmoor Hate?

Wait the 7prc is the best ever, just read the gun writers. Don’t need rangefinder just a compass.
I'll bite, I'm having one spun up for my R8. I want the accuracy it will potentially have. Along with being able to drive a 180 to 3k. It will not have a belt so brass life will be better. I'm guessing it will have better support given the history of the 6.5CM, 6.5PRC, and 300PRC. Should have better barrel and brass life than a 28N. I guess there is something not to like about it?

I'm also one of those guys that uses modern scopes and range finders.

@Inline6 I hope that goes well for you. It's not a Man Bun so you will be fine.

As a 6.5 fanboy, I have learned three things from this thread.

1. Don't shoot at game that's too far away.
2. Bullet construction matters for various types of game.
3. You can eat chicken soup with a monkey wrench.

DB
Two more;

4. Most hunters are gullible morons.
5. You can't truly judge a caliber, unless it's 110 years old.

DB

Two more;

4. Most hunters are gullible morons.
5. You can't truly judge a caliber, unless it's 110 years old.

DB
Yeah... that pretty much sums it up. Especially chicken soup with a monkey wrench. It really adds a flavor all its own.

speaking of chicken soup --
Wife made some and we are on third day of it. Delicious!

speaking of chicken soup --
Wife made some and we are on third day of it. Delicious!
crs,
You didn't actually eat it with a monkey wrench did you? These guys were just kidding about that. LOL
CEH

They are just jealous that they had none of the delicious soup.
Ate it with soup spoon. Plus some crackers.

I have the man bun cartridge just not the hair hahaha
I hope that's your Ruger American beater rifle. 6.5 Creedmoor is wanted on anything better and the Blaser purists here probably won't like you bastardising a Blaser to make a Creedmoor.

Now I'm gonna cop it from the Creedmoor crowd.

I'd gladly shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor if, as a result, I got enough hair for a manbun. ;)
Well I'm bald so I can say for a fact the 6.5CM will not give you a enough hair for a man bun.

I hope that's your Ruger American beater rifle. 6.5 Creedmoor is wanted on anything better and the Blaser purists here probably won't like you bastardising a Blaser to make a Creedmoor.

Now I'm gonna cop it from the Creedmoor crowd.
No 6.5CM for the R8 just the little 7PRC.

No hate, but I think the 25-06, 264 Win Mag and 270 Win are all better rounds

No hate, but I think the 25-06, 264 Win Mag and 270 Win are all better rounds
They might me for you, a 9 year old or a lady my not be as comfortable. It is just another tool, the thing is everyone has a "favorite" the reality is most do not take the time to look from a different perspective. Example, take the 3 cartridges you have list. Would you take any of them out to 1300 yards? Unless you have custom barrels for heavy bullets you are going to run into issues. I have shot sub 1/2 MOA groups at 1300 yards with a 6.5CM, again it is a tool nothing more. If people want to get wrapped around the axle about it, that's on them.

The big difference in having to move forward and not wanting to stap away from the past. As a mechanic that has been successful in the industry. I'll willing to bet he is not rejetting and rebuilding as much as he is now hooking up a scanner. Same can be said for a draftsman. Going from a table to CAD.

They might me for you, a 9 year old or a lady my not be as comfortable. It is just another tool, the thing is everyone has a "favorite" the reality is most do not take the time to look from a different perspective. Example, take the 3 cartridges you have list. Would you take any of them out to 1300 yards? Unless you have custom barrels for heavy bullets you are going to run into issues. I have shot sub 1/2 MOA groups at 1300 yards with a 6.5CM, again it is a tool nothing more. If people want to get wrapped around the axle about it, that's on them.

The big difference in having to move forward and not wanting to stap away from the past. As a mechanic that has been successful in the industry. I'll willing to bet he is not rejetting and rebuilding as much as he is now hooking up a scanner. Same can be said for a draftsman. Going from a table to CAD.
I’d be lucky to hit the ground at 1300yds!

I’d be lucky to hit the ground at 1300yds!
It is not as bad as people think. I had my older boys (13 and 15 at the time) banging steel at 900 yards their first time at distance. Have done the same with the wife. Good gear, ammo, and a little knowledge helps.

Reactions: WAB
It is not as bad as people think. I had my older boys (13 and 15 at the time) banging steel at 900 yards their first time at distance. Have done the same with the wife. Good gear, ammo, and a little knowledge helps.
You obviously know what you're doing, but nobody makes cold bore, first shot hits at long distance ever time. Elevation is easy, wind is the voodoo. I have the opportunity in the TX Panhandle where we deer hunt to occasionally watch the worlds most acclaimed sniper trainer and his "students" shoot. They come from all over the world. They don't make first shot hits at distance either. Nobody does.

You obviously know what you're doing, but nobody makes cold bore, first shot hits at long distance ever time. Elevation is easy, wind is the voodoo. I have the opportunity in the TX Panhandle where we deer hunt to occasionally watch the worlds most acclaimed sniper trainer and his "students" shoot. They come from all over the world. They don't make first shot hits at distance either. Nobody does.
You are more than welcome to look at my stance on the subject. I have said many many times, the shot I personally will take at XXXX range will depend on conditions. The list of conditions is longer than just wind. The worst the conditions the closer the shot needs to be. For the record I'll say I have made 1st round impacts at a mile and I have missed at 300 yards. Nothing is a given, that's why I train. Now if condition were favorable, let's say we had a little mist so you can see we don't have wind...well we can send out a little more. I'm not one to advocate take it at 1k in 30mph winds across a canyon in switching winds with poor light. On the flip side if my only shot is at an elk 800 yards across a canyon and we have the right conditions. I have hit enough 4" targets at 800 to know if I can connect. I'm also not going to take the shot if I can't make it. I have nothing to prove. The only thing I owe is whatever animal I shoot the quickest death possible. I do have a conscience and I personally have had to put to many wounded animals by other down to know what that is about. I messed up my first deer with a bow, after that happen I shot arrows everyday from not only the ground but a tree stand. Get why most want to get close, love doing that myself. I'm just allowing myself to have options.

@Flewis
Don't need no new fangeled 7mm when you have a fast 25.
Mate 2 inches high @100 spot on @300 and 8 inches low @400.
Laser flat no compass needed.
If needed attach a scapel blade to the projectile and the game will be skun as well buy the time you get to it.
Bob
Bob just mentioned a zero, 2" high @ 100yd, that will allow most hunting ctgs. to reach 300yds without much trouble. I zeroed 3" high & you can reach way out there & still not miss that buck that jumps up @ 25yds. Let's not forget your zero has a lot to do with shooting past 200yds.
I like the Creedmoor, I get just short of 2600fps with a 140gr bullet from a 20" bbl. & not bother my ailing shoulder. I was wanting a 6.5X55 & got that performance in an easily available package with the Creedmoor, at a reasonable price!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you