Why all the 6.5 Creedmoor Hate?

I'm not sure what.happened to Velo Dog's thread but Paul if you are still reading this, here goes.
Mornin’ Doug,

Not sure I understand the meaning of your above sentence.
My best guess is that maybe you thought I was missing in action, perhaps abducted by space aliens or ?
(But my last post here was yesterday @ 7:45 am).

Anyway at this stage, celebrating my disappearance would be premature.:ROFLMAO:
Not that I would ever blame you or anyone else for rejoicing, as I can be a real stubborn barnacle to scrape off the hull.:S Lol:

Either way, it looks like we will just have to agree to disagree on some of the both on and off topic things, within this Creedmoor thread.
Evidently your opinion, rightfully based on your experiences and observations of said things are quite different than mine are.
One of the several includes but is not limited to, reliability and accuracy of Remington pump action rifles (of which I have owned in 3 different calibers).

Someone once said that, “Differences of opinion make for good horse races”.
I find wisdom in that.

At any rate, cheers for now,
Paul Dog.

Last edited:
I never had any interest in the WSSRS, but I did play around with the idea of a .300 or .325 WSM for a little bit. Glad I didn't bite, and went with a .300 WM.
I did and now get ripped off from Nosler; or settle for Winchester brass(when available). They sell 325wsm(when availably) for $116 for 25 cases. Natchez has them(Nosler brass) for $84 for 25 pieces.WTF?. Sad but true. NOSLER SUCKS!!!

I did and now get ripped off from Nosler; or settle for Winchester brass(when available). They sell 325wsm(when availably) for $116 for 25 cases. Natchez has them(Nosler brass) for $84 for 25 pieces.WTF?. Sad but true. NOSLER SUCKS!!!
That sucks. And I complained in '22 when I paid $150 for 100 Lapua .300 WM cases. I don't know what they would cost now.

The Solar Eclipse offered a chance for the 6.5 Creedmoor to show it's abilities. ;)

If you don't believe me, go to a public range and find a yuppy to talk to..... Hahaha
Screenshot_20240408-145841_Gallery.jpg

Exactly!!!! Only the 6.5 Creedmoor can shoot holes in the sun with that kind of accuracy;)
Yeah, and shoots flatter than any other cartridge at that distance. Ask a Millennial

Mostly the marketing hype.
Ammo and gun makers jumped in with both feet!
And of course the feedback from people that with bullet "X" over magical pixie dust is shooting 1/4" at 8 miles.
Despite it's original design intent.

All this detracts from other proven cartridges that actually out perform the Creedmoor in modern bolt action rifles.
Leading the new generation of shooters into thinking that anything other than the Creedmoor won't/can't hit the broad side of a barn if they were inside.

And of course the feedback from people that with bullet "X" over magical pixie dust is shooting 1/4" at 8 miles.

All this detracts from other proven cartridges that actually out perform the Creedmoor in modern bolt action rifles.
Leading the new generation of shooters into thinking that anything other than the Creedmoor won't/can't hit the broad side of a barn if they were inside.
And/or that you can stuff an 8.6mm bullet into the 6.5 Creedmoor case and make it an effective cartridge to use on cape buffalo.... And giraffe....

I do really like my 6.5 Creedmoor for the general low recoiling work of my local truck gun.

But all the above is as ridiculous as thinking you can shoot the moon with one. Or the sun. ;)

And/or that you can stuff an 8.6mm bullet into the 6.5 Creedmoor case and make it an effective cartridge to use on cape buffalo.... And giraffe....

I do really like my 6.5 Creedmoor for the general low recoiling work of my local truck gun.

But all the above is as ridiculous as thinking you can shoot the moon with one. Or the sun. ;)
That was quite the show hahah….

What happens when a wanna-be Instagram influencer and adult onset hunter was fully set on their ideas. She was completely consumed by marketing…

I wonder if she is going to stick around.

@meritman
Winchester did the same with the other crappy cartridge the 243.
Bob

That was quite the show hahah….

What happens when a wanna-be Instagram influencer and adult onset hunter was fully set on their ideas. She was completely consumed by marketing…

I wonder if she is going to stick around.
Not if she shoots a cape buffalo with it. Giraffe isn't a good idea either.

Kind of late for this discussion, but I too did not see what all the hoopla was about the CM. I use 6.5x55 for silhouette shooting. I hunt with 7mm and bigger. I do not drink the short action cool-aid. But overall I have now been downgrading the rifles to smaller, lighter kicking cartridges and calibers. I also use short actions for my competition rifles, so in the end I decided to put together a short action chassis light rifle. Did 6.5 CM. Thought I'd hate it and sell it. It shoots well, as precise as 6.5x55 or more, hardly any recoil and fits short action and SA mags. Ammo easier to find and cheaper than 6.5x55. Takes less powder too. Will try it hunting for sure, but most of the time it will be used just for fun and for silhouette only. Maybe coyotes and maybe deer.

Anyone have light African game cartridges by Pierre van der walt?

How does he compare the creedmoor to the Swede?

Anyone have light African game cartridges by Pierre van der walt?

How does he compare the creedmoor to the Swede?
I don't have the book/article, so maybe I should keep my mouth shut.

But in factory form, I think they are quite comparable. I do think the CM in factory rifle has more precision potential due to the chamber specs (kind of like the PRC rifles and cartridges). But my 6.5x55 reamer is tighter than stock so I see no difference in consistency and precision. Handloading, you can probably squeeze more out of the Swede. I think this is why most people cry "Why would anyone need 6.5 CM?" For what I do, I'm quite happy with 140gr or so bullet leaving muzzle at 2600/2660-2700/2760 from either. Same recoil due to same dia, same weight bullet leaving at same velocity, same weight gun (well not really but close enough and if anything the CM is a bit lighter probably). Although perception has me believe the CM kicks less, I think that is just wishful thinking or that stock design has more to do with it again than the weight of the rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross