Husker-in-WA

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI , NRA
Hunted
South Africa Limpopo, British Columbia, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Maryland
I'm having a tough time deciding who to choose. Did my research for a Plains Game hunt and got feedback from each.

If anyone has been to two or all three, I would appreciate your feedback.

My top three are Limcoma, Cruiser and Lianga in Limpopo, not necessarily in that order. Can't believe it's this difficult, but they are all excellent operations, from what I've read.

I'm having a tough time deciding who to choose. Did my research for a Plains Game hunt and got feedback from each.

If anyone has been to two or all three, I would appreciate your feedback.

My top three are Limcoma, Cruiser and Lianga in Limpopo, not necessarily in that order. Can't believe it's this difficult, but they are all excellent operations, from what I've read.

Should mention my choices of animals is the Spiral Slam with Impala, Waterbuck, Gemsbok and Warthog.

What are you hung up on?

Should mention my choices of animals is the Spiral Slam with Impala, Waterbuck, Gemsbok and Warthog.

I can't speak for the other two but you will not go wrong with Lianga and that is a 100% guarantee.
Herman and Annette shows pride and dedication in their business and with the game management principles they implement you can be sure that you will take some outstanding trophies. The camp is home and you will not go hungry at their table.

Blessings to all

Good question BRICKBURN. Guess I'm hung up on making the right decision and knowing I'm spending my money on the best outfit for me. Asking for others experiences may help me make mine. It's always good to get a new prospective on things. It's not negative opinions I'm trying to elicit. Just wondering what others think are the best features of these 3 outfits.

With my non hunting wife going, I've got to evaluate things important to her. Outside of camp tours, in camp amenities like outdoor quiet reading areas, safe walking areas around camp and just generally enjoying the flora and fauna of the great outdoors. Any activities others can suggest will be helpful.

These outfits each have qualities that are important to me, just not on the same level. Things like their level of service, pricing, quality of animals, accommodations, location, communication, food and refreshments, and hunting terrain are among many factors I have opinions on after researching each.

No one outfit has it all. I think other AH opinions, relative to their experiences at these outfits, will help solidify my opinions and help me feel comfortable with my ultimate decision.

The more I think about it the more I realize my research is lacking. I probably haven't asked all the right questions, but this is a process, isn't it? So much information, so little grey cells. Tough to sort it all out sometimes.

lbg safaris. Thanks. Like the comments. Don't know why your outfit didn't come up in my search. I'll give you a read.

You are welcome Husker.
Might be that I was not as active as in the past. I am in Angola busy with agricultural development. Although I am not in SA to handle LBG myself at the current moment I put all my trust in Herman and Anette to take care of business.
The results were far more than I expected and I thank them for the best service possible.

Blessings to all.

These outfits each have qualities that are important to me, just not on the same level. .........

That is close to the answer I was after.
You have already differentiated somewhat.

What are your criterion? You provided a few. Create a list, prioritize them and the Outfitters will begin to sort themselves out.

Only you will know the best outfit for you.

Hi Husker, My wife and I were on an eleven day Safari in the Limpopo province in April of 2015 with one the the 3 you are considering. Ask questions such as are the arrival and departure days free as they should be. Ask if any of the animals you are hunting are farm raised, as you do not want to hunt in a zoo atmosphere. Ask how many hours you will be spending in vehicle as per time you could be hunting. Ask for a list of all non hunting activities with prices, travel and all. Request that the PH and trackers speak in English in your presence with anyone or anything concerning you or your hunt. In my personal opinion I would have all trophies dipped and packed and than shipped to US for taxidermy. Good Luck on your search for a great Safari.

Busker, you should look at Paw Print Safaris. Email Pieter and tell him what you want. He will deliver.

Request that the PH and trackers speak in English in your presence with anyone or anything concerning you or your hunt

Good point there @RUGER77, but its also sometimes difficult as most of the trackers speak a very basic English. I for one speak their native language and it's much easier for my tracker to understand what I need. However any PH should immediately translate and keep the hunter up to date with what is being said or decided.

Blessings to all

Ruger77, I've got one of those. '06 with tang safety. It's going with me on safari. My reloads with 180 nosler partitions do 3/4 moa consistently. Love it.
Now regarding your recommendations. All good questions. Never thought about the English speaking aspect.
I'm just getting a handle on taxidermy issues. In my area on the northwest coast, most shoulder mount taxidermy costs for the spiral slam are running 25 -35% more or $1100 - $1700 more than taxidermy in the Limpopo area. That's 275 - 425$ more per mount. I'm not sure what shipping and handling on both ends will be. I'm thinking at least I'd save the dip and pack part of the equation by having them mounted in SA.
Would you share your reasons for just doing dip and ship in SA and taxidermy in USA.

Thanks for sharing.

Would you share your reasons for just doing dip and ship in SA and taxidermy in USA.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll bet Taxidermy quality control will be the reason.

Just for giggles I decided to use the search function here on AH about these three Outfitters.

I have not hunted with any of them.

The first strike against Pieter at Cruiser is he stole my Bushbuck. (Just joking.)
pieter_bushbuck_smalla.jpg

Looking at the websites it speaks volumes of how they operate their outfits.
Size, volume, personality, etc.

These are things that I initially look at (my pet peeves and indicators):

AH SPONSORSHIP
Limcroma - SPONSOR
Lianga - SPONSOR
Cruiser - NOT

Number of Hunt Reports
Lianga - Zero Reports at this point
Limcroma - 7 entries but three different members
Cruiser - 10 entries and nine different members.
Lianga is brand new on here so it screws with the stats a little. I would assume they can provide references.

Recency of Hunt Reports
Cruiser - First report 2010 last 2015
Lianga - Waiting on that first one
Limcroma - First one 2011 and last one in 2015
Lianga is brand new on here so it screws with the stats a little. I would assume they can provide references.

All three operate in:
Limpopo
Limpopo
Limpopo

PHASA MEMBERSHIP
H. SCHEEPERS LIANGA SAFARIS FULL
H.J. ELS ASSOCIATE
J.M. ELS LIMCROMA SAFARIS FULL
G.P. LAMPRECHT CRUISER SAFARIS FULL

Pricelist
Limcroma - not posted on the web
Lianga - posted on the web
Cruiser - posted on the web

Since you are bringing your wife, I would look into what would make her happy on this trip? I think everyone of the outfitters you picked can offer good hunting.

Everyone is new on AH at one point in time. Lianga Safaris is new to AH, but everything looks very nice. And the fact another outfitter is letting them take clients while away on business speaks volumes on their level of trust in the company.

Thanks to all you guys for the input. Brickburns original post got me thinking that I didn't have a handle on my priorities, especially with the wife involved. After she reviewed the three outfits websites we agreed that Cruiser Safaris was the place for our first visit. It just looked more inviting was her comment. I'm sure we would be happy hunting out of the other two camps. They were all helpful in answering our questions, especially Limcroma, but we just liked what we saw in photos, read in hunt reviews and with the kicker being the price list.

Safari September 2016 here we come!!

Very nice. We wish you all the best of luck and a successful hunt. It's a long way to go but please keep us posted on the hunt.

Blessings to all

Thanks lbg. Still lots of work to do with taxidermy, shipping decisions to make. Started reviewing those issues on AH. This will be easier than deciding where to go because I know, with a couple exceptions, what and how I want trophies mounted. Now it's just a matter of who. You guys, no sexist inferences here, are providing a lot of material on the subject. I've got to get a handle on the shipping end of things. Insurance needed. Who is responsible for the crate for how long up the shipping chain. Brokers on the receiving end, Seattle. Do I pick it up or have it delivered to the house. Lots of people to contact and decisions to be made. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.;)

hate to throw confusion at you but our first safari was with blaaukrantz safari in port Elizabeth,eastern cape.great kudu and plains game.the rudman family owned their operation since the 70's.great things to do for the non hunting wife.www.blaaukrantz.com the ph's are all family.food,wine,accommodations are 4 star.check it out,you cant go wrong.

Thanks to all you guys for the input. Brickburns original post got me thinking that I didn't have a handle on my priorities, especially with the wife involved.

I'm bad that way.

After she reviewed the three outfits websites .............. It just looked more inviting was her comment. .............!

Looking at the websites I thought exactly the same thing. Interesting.
(Just to be clear, the WEBSITE appeared to be more inviting)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg