Okay thanks!

Wife and I just flew United Polaris Business from Newark to Italy and back and were pleasantly surprised by the cubicle seating and lay flat seats. Not quite QSuite but darn close. Also the best meals I’ve ever had on any US carrier. FYI.
That is good to know. My wife and I are traveling to Spain in December and have snagged AA business. I've only taken AA overseas business once before. It was when I was hired a couple of years ago to do some sheep consulting in the West Bank and Golan Heights in Israel. We flew to JFK then to Tel Aviv on AA and that crew and flight were horrible. On return we took BA to LHR and then AA LHR-DFW and that flight was fantastic. Nice DFW based crew and very good food although not comparable to Qatar just not the crap food and battle axe entitled flight attendants ay JFK! The seats on AA Flagship Business are fairly good.
I say all this to explain that my expectations are tempered on any other business class. After 4 trips in the Qsuite a person can get spoiled.

I’m getting closer, sitting at Africa Sky Guesthouse by the pool, get on flight for Zim in the morning

I flew Qatar Q Suites from DFW to JNB in January. Top notch experience and transporting firearms was very easy. Will definitely try to fly them when I go back.

Sept 4th, Qatar air from DFW to Maputo in the cheap seats. Just couldn't justify another $7500 for business class. I've never traveled for work so no frequent flyer miles or any other tricks. Just have to grind it out. God willing, I'll use that $7500 on another cape buff.

Kudos to everyone riding in the front!

The Mrs and I are flying Qatar in July. Headed to Windhoek via Doha and JNB. It’s a shame that Qatar cancelled their direct flight from Doha to Windhoek last year, but let me just say that if you ever missed that connection, you were in for a very long wait! Took me about 56 hours to get from DFW to WDH last year. Also used Patrick for the first time on this year’s trip. Thirty mins after speaking with him, he had all flight options compiled and presented. Had the tickets booked within 45mins of our initial conversation. The guy knows what customer service is all about!

The Mrs and I are flying Qatar in July. Headed to Windhoek via Doha and JNB. It’s a shame that Qatar cancelled their direct flight from Doha to Windhoek last year, but let me just say that if you ever missed that connection, you were in for a very long wait! Took me about 56 hours to get from DFW to WDH last year. Also used Patrick for the first time on this year’s trip. Thirty mins after speaking with him, he had all flight options compiled and presented. Had the tickets booked within 45mins of our initial conversation. The guy knows what customer service is all about!
Yes he does! I'd be very interested to hear of your trip to Namibia. I may take the same route next May with my group.

I agree Patrick is great to have in your corner.

I’ve had two itinerary changes from the airlines. Since booking. One from Qatar and one from American. and he dealt with it easily.

My wife and I are flying to JNB at the end of May. I contacted Qatar yesterday to see what prior notification was required to fly with firearms. They collected some information; the rifle description/caliber, ammunition quantity/weight, and case dimensions/weight. Upon updating the information in my reservation, they advised that I'm all set but need to present 4457, passport, declaration of surrender of firearm, and approved SAPS gun permit at the ticketing counter. Painless? I'll find out!

Been looking to try a Qsuite myself! Finally, after 15 years and 7 safaris, my wife finally feels comfortable that our kids are old enough for her to join me on a trip to RSA later this year. This will be my 40th birthday and delayed anniversary so I was gladly going to splurge, however, I cannot seem to find anything less than 15K for round trip tickets. Hard to justify when I can get a premium economy for $2500. Planning on building a house this year and will use an Amex for as much as possible in hopes that I will have enough points for years to come and that Qsuite won't be so hard to swallow.

Been looking to try a Qsuite myself! Finally, after 15 years and 7 safaris, my wife finally feels comfortable that our kids are old enough for her to join me on a trip to RSA later this year. This will be my 40th birthday and delayed anniversary so I was gladly going to splurge, however, I cannot seem to find anything less than 15K for round trip tickets. Hard to justify when I can get a premium economy for $2500. Planning on building a house this year and will use an Amex for as much as possible in hopes that I will have enough points for years to come and that Qsuite won't be so hard to swallow.
15k is down right vulgar!!! Not sure if your using one of the travel agencies that’s gets mentioned on the forum, but it might be worth checking into. I was going to book direct with Qatar and the cheapest I found on their site was around $9k. Contacted Patrick a few hours later and he found a special that Qatar was running for $4400 from DFW to JHB. That deal certainly wasn’t showing up in Qatar Air’s search results. Just one more reason to utilize resources that specialize in air travel.

June 7th I’m flying Qatar Houston to Doha then on to Johannesburg. I had the early 3:00 arrival in Johannesburg as well which also got pushed to 9:50 am, so I went from a nice short layover in Doha to about a 9 1/2 hr. Layover.

June 7th I’m flying Qatar Houston to Doha then on to Johannesburg. I had the early 3:00 arrival in Johannesburg as well which also got pushed to 9:50 am, so I went from a nice short layover in Doha to about a 9 1/2 hr. Layover.
We had an 8 hour layover you can buy Oryx Lounge pass they allow you 6 hours on that pass. Good food & drink & quiet for a nap or they have Oryx Hotel inside airport

You have to search a Bit and give it some time. I have had my TA watch for me and recently for my Spain trip I was highly successful using Google Flight alerts. Those top fare classes are shown all the time ($8500/ticket) and no one is buying. They rotate the specials from city to city throughout the year.
I have been in Qsuite 5 times from 2021-2024 and have never paid over $5000 and these were all May-August high season trips.

I agree Patrick is great to have in your corner.

I’ve had two itinerary changes from the airlines. Since booking. One from Qatar and one from American. and he dealt with it easily.
Yea me too. Qatar won't land at JNB in the early AM (3:00-5:00AM arrivals were typical) because they can't get the Africans to wake up and unload the plane! Messed us up a bit.

My wife and I are flying to JNB at the end of May. I contacted Qatar yesterday to see what prior notification was required to fly with firearms. They collected some information; the rifle description/caliber, ammunition quantity/weight, and case dimensions/weight. Upon updating the information in my reservation, they advised that I'm all set but need to present 4457, passport, declaration of surrender of firearm, and approved SAPS gun permit at the ticketing counter. Painless? I'll find out!
Yes it is their process but it is very easy. Typically they will only ask for your Qatar Declaration of Surrender, ask your ammo weight, and your 4457. They will want to make physical copies So be patient.
Our trouble one time was that we were in transit at DFW and had to go outside of security to the main ticket counter to do this. This is due to their staff who handle this only being downstairs. They are always incredibly nice and will tell you if you ask that "this plane is not departing without your guns."

15k is down right vulgar!!! Not sure if your using one of the travel agencies that’s gets mentioned on the forum, but it might be worth checking into. I was going to book direct with Qatar and the cheapest I found on their site was around $9k. Contacted Patrick a few hours later and he found a special that Qatar was running for $4400 from DFW to JHB. That deal certainly wasn’t showing up in Qatar Air’s search results. Just one more reason to utilize resources that specialize in air travel.
Exactly what happened to us! He got us $4300 through JNB. We would rather have flown directly to HRE but that is how it goes.

Enjoy the lounge or airport hotel. Doha is not a bad place for a layover!

Don’t know how you get these deals. Just called Patrick’s business and the best they could do on Qatar was $8600! Same as on the website. and this is for a September trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atax300

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.