Who is your preferred taxidermist?

They assured me that they would complete my work and do their best to amend the massive problems within the shop.

Ted
Why don’t you give this a break we don’t know why Dennis is in the hospital but you could be part of the reason. Let it go.

Brand new development....
After a very lengthy telephone conversation with Duane and Jamie of the Artistry of Wildlife
They assured me that they would complete my work and do their best to amend the massive problems within the shop.

We will see......a second chance was given back in 2017
I am reluctant.....giving a third chance goes against my better judgement but Duane seemed genuine. I hope he is.

I talked to Duane as well and got the same feeling. Honestly we talked mostly about Dennis and I told him we could talk about my taxi work in a week or two once he truly gets a handle on things. I know a few of my pieces are done and have been, but don't yet know the rest.

Did he give you a rough time frame?

The one thing I do want to get done is get my replica tusks that are sitting in the shop. If they get shipped out as I will ask in a timely manner that will be a good sign I hope.

Ted
Why don’t you give this a break we don’t know why Dennis is in the hospital but you could be part of the reason. Let it go.

"give this a break"

Thank you for taking the time in participating in this thread a couple times but FWI....
I do know why Dennis is in the hospital and NO.... I have nothing to do with his heart health.

My brother and I spoke with Duane as well! hoping for positive action!

They sound like they are trying to put together a plan that hopfuly will make for a lot of happy customers but Duane made it perfectly clear to me that they had a TON of backlog.

I talked to Duane as well and got the same feeling. Honestly we talked mostly about Dennis and I told him we could talk about my taxi work in a week or two once he truly gets a handle on things. I know a few of my pieces are done and have been, but don't yet know the rest.

The one thing I do want to get done is get my replica tusks that are sitting in the shop. If they get shipped out as I will ask in a timely manner that will be a good sign I hope.

I didn't put a timeline on his very full plate.
We are supposed to talk again next week after he gets a shop inventory and all the emails sifted through.

Duane and Jamie left me feeling they would do what it takes to right the ship.

Stress is a very big part of heart problems.
I am sure Dennis doesn’t have any resent stress?

I am in the same boat. I spent time on the phone this week with Duane. He called me and we discussed my situation that is very similar to all of you guys as well. I hope Dennis has a full and quick recovery and I hope that Duane and Jamie can handle all that they now have on their collective plate!!

Its obvious you are in his corner but I havn't corresponded with him since Jan. 5th

Again.....to address your accusation that I contributed to his medical condituon you are incorrect.

Dude, what's the deal with these comments? Things get complicated when a customer wants to space out work to space out budget, but the business owner can either accommodate or say no.

Its beyond ridiculous that you're accusing someone of giving a person health issues over wanting irreplaceable items back when things didnt go as planned. I'm sure theres things on BOTH sides of this story we dont know but you're insinuations are beyond excessive...and such thing are what separates this great forum from all the other BS and drama filled groups/forums on the interwebs so let's be reasonable.

BTW: owning a small business is stressful almost every day, some more than others, some situations more than others but it cant be avoided long term or short

Last edited:
I am in the same boat. I spent time on the phone this week with Duane. He called me and we discussed my situation that is very similar to all of you guys as well. I hope Dennis has a full and quick recovery and I hope that Duane and Jamie can handle all that they now have on their collective plate!!

Same here all around

Dude, I have no skin in this game. Most business owners are very stressed out just part of the game. Dennis choose his path or possibly his business plan as such where he’s the one doing the final work on mounts. He has a lot of work from what We see, my opinion for what it’s worth is he should train someone in his shop to help with that stage of someone’s mount and oversee it of course or just turn the work away. There are times in business where good common sense for himself and his clients have to be considered. With his reputation he will never starve for work just tell people the truth......I’m 2-3 years behind, let the clients then decide if they want to use him or not. At least then some stress is off the table.

Royal, is this Dennis' cell phone number that is going to the shop to speak with Duane? Or is there a different number?

Brand new development....
After a very lengthy telephone conversation with Duane and Jamie of the Artistry of Wildlife

We will see......a second chance was given back in 2017
I am reluctant.....giving a third chance goes against my better judgement but Duane seemed genuine. I hope he is.

Does his cell phone transfer to the shop or is there a different number now to reach Duane and Jamie?

Ted

Not sure what stake you have in this situation but I have a lot of taxidermy with Dennis and if paying someone Good money to complete something they took
on and then expecting the services you are paying for is wrong then You got me dead to rights. I stated earlier that Dennis's health is obviously more important
than my mounts, but if Adults can't have a conversation about a business transaction in which they all have a similar interest I don't understand?

Ted I remembered the one or two a year part of this from th
This last comment seems like you just want to bitch in public.
Ted

It has been pointed out by another member that two times in this thread you have taken some time out of your day to bump heads with me.....
You have my attention now.

Not sure what stake you have in this situation but I have a lot of taxidermy with Dennis and if paying someone Good money to complete something they took
on and then expecting the services you are paying for is wrong then You got me dead to rights. I stated earlier that Dennis's health is obviously more important
than my mounts, but if Adults can't have a conversation about a business transaction in which they all have a similar interest I don't understand?

I have taxidermy there as well but I can practice a little patience and a little perspective. It seems you can as well. The OP, well...

Update.....

Yet another change of plans

After talking to Duane and getting the latest news from The Artistry of Wildlife......
I will not be using The Artistry of Wildlife and expect delivery of all of my stuff very soon.

If anyone has work up there it is in their best interest to call them.

So they they are going to deliver unfinished capes etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg