Whisky appreciation

I used to drink a fair bit of that. But the price has gone up about 50% in the last few years and although it’s a nice dram I think it’s now overpriced for what it is (at least where I live).

Tonight I’ll be drinking Port Charlotte 10 yr. I've also become a fan of Arran and more recently Raasay. Very different tastes but all good quality honest whiskies, non chill filtered, no added colourants, bottled at a fairly high proof, and still priced reasonably.

I also try to support local businesses and fortunately the “Can’t Call it Bourbon” from Raging Crow Distillery makes a nice old fashioned.
Port Charlotte is amazing! Excellent choice!
 
IMG_20240405_155849061.jpg
 
That bottle of Blackened Whiskey is $50 a bottle. It's got a spicy bit of a kick to it.
Blended by master distiller, Rob Dietrich, in partnership with Metallica.
James Hetfield has also introduced his own line of Blackened cigars with Drew Estate.
 
It’s very smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Michter’s small batch bourbon is my go to. A little sharper, but great flavor and lots of body.
That’s a great sipper and isn’t terribly hard to find either
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Tried Frey Ranch farm strength on a friends recommendation. So good I went back the next day and bought the remaining three bottles.
Image1724414282.625382.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Image1724414241.588037.jpg
    Image1724414241.588037.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 195
Not a whiskey but damn I love this rum I am sipping at the moment. Not for the faint of heart but flavourful.

Smith & Cross traditional Jamaica rum.
 
I’m a big fan of Garrison Brothers out of Hye, Texas. I’ve helped bottle some of their stuff. When we were in Lephalale last month, I picked up some of the Three Ships bourbon cask finish whiskey and it it was fantastic. I couldn’t find it at duty free at the airport, so I grabbed two bottles of Bain’s whiskey. Pretty good stuff imho.
 
Crown Royal 18 has been our go to for a while. So very smooth. Its around 150 a bottle here in NH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,215
Members
169,965
Latest member
CathrynBeg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top