Which hunt would you choose?

What would you choose?

• Total voters
My budget is $20,000. This is the number I tell my wife who goes with me as my accountant.

First trip budgeted $6000 on trophy fees and spent $13,000. Second trip budgeted $13,000 and spent $23,000. Third trip budgeting $20,000 but maybe I can do Elephant and Buffalo in Save Valley, Zimbabwe.

Can I drive with PH from Limpopo to Save Valley? Is it a safe drive?
I did that drive but it was with the Zimbabwe Outfitters secretary and her mother... They were capable at the border, mostly anyway. It was an interesting drive, many stops to check the gas and fill the tires with air. I chronicled part of it in my Elephant and Buffalo hunt report back in November of 2014. Hunted with Three Ways Safaris in the Bietbridge East areas.

That experience crossing the border has left me with stories to tell:) But doing it once in a lifetime is plenty;)

In the future I'll fly if at all possible....

Exactly. I arrive at Harare late afternoon of July 30. Because I have a 6 hour drive to camp I will spend the night at Amanzi and leave early morning on the 31st.

BTW @Kevin Peacocke want to have drinks if you are in town?
Absolutely Tanks, will do. Let's get in touch closer to the time.

a real lion hunt is top of my list but not interested if I can’t import it. Perfectly happy to go after buffalo again in the meantime.

I did that drive but it was with the Zimbabwe Outfitters secretary and her mother... They were capable at the border, mostly anyway. It was an interesting drive, many stops to check the gas and fill the tires with air. I chronicled part of it in my Elephant and Buffalo hunt report back in November of 2014. Hunted with Three Ways Safaris in the Bietbridge East areas.

That experience crossing the border has left me with stories to tell:) But doing it once in a lifetime is plenty;)

In the future I'll fly if at all possible....

The worst border I’ve crossed was Ghana/Togo. You cannot take a vehicle through, you have to walk through and have a ride arranged on the other side. I’ve done it many times and each time is an adventure. Too many kids with FN’s and AK’s in those spots for my liking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg