Which hunt would you choose?

What would you choose?

• Total voters
Option 3 - Buffalo, Roan, Warthog...assorted PG.

I like the variety of it all. You can start out looking for one thing and end up hunting something completely different (within budgetary restrictions) and have a great time doing it. Doing most of the hunt on foot would be my plan for something like this.

You could do 10 days of tuskless hunting in Zimbabwe for between $11K - $14K (day rate and trophy fee) depending on area and outfit. Still plenty of room to fit some plains game in your budget.
As an example, in Mokore’s Sengwa Research area which has excellent PG you could add eland, kudu, bushbuck, impala, and warthog to tuskless ele and be just under $20K. It is a great area to hunt tuskless, ~80,000 acres and also contains lion, leopard and cape buffalo.

You could do 10 days of tuskless hunting in Zimbabwe for between $11K - $14K (day rate and trophy fee) depending on area and outfit. Still plenty of room to fit some plains game in your budget.
As an example, in Mokore’s Sengwa Research area which has excellent PG you could add eland, kudu, bushbuck, impala, and warthog to tuskless ele and be just under $20K. It is a great area to hunt tuskless, ~80,000 acres and also contains lion, leopard and cape buffalo.
I've never been to zim. But sure sounds like a place worth a 2nd mortgage and a few months time ! Haha

You wrote in an earlier thread you were planning to hunt with Limpopo big game safaris. My vote was for lion, if this hunt is as advertised, I think it’s a very unique opportunity for a real lion hunt.
I am planning to hunt with Bossie. Yes, the lion hunt is very cool and why I listed it but he also has a hunt in Zimbabwe at Save Valley for Cape Buffalo. Both are making it hard to choose. The elephant hunt is probably another of my favorites. It looks like the Save Valley may win out.

My budget is $20,000. This is the number I tell my wife who goes with me as my accountant.

First trip budgeted $6000 on trophy fees and spent $13,000. Second trip budgeted $13,000 and spent $23,000. Third trip budgeting $20,000 but maybe I can do Elephant and Buffalo in Save Valley, Zimbabwe.

Can I drive with PH from Limpopo to Save Valley? Is it a safe drive?

That seems like it would be a heck of a long drive. Also, you'd be crossing a border with firearms, which further complicates matters. Maybe have you PH meet you there?

My budget is $20,000. This is the number I tell my wife who goes with me as my accountant.

First trip budgeted $6000 on trophy fees and spent $13,000. Second trip budgeted $13,000 and spent $23,000. Third trip budgeting $20,000 but maybe I can do Elephant and Buffalo in Save Valley, Zimbabwe.

I wouldn't want to do it. Moreover, Is your PH licensed in Zim? You seem to indicate that he is or has his own operation there. If not, then you will need a locally licensed PH as well.

The more I read your interests, why go to the Limpopo at all?

I wouldn't want to do it. Moreover, Is your PH licensed in Zim? You seem to indicate that he is or has his own operation there. If not, then you will need a locally licensed PH as well.

The more I read your interests, why go to the Limpopo at all?
I am coming over to your way of thinking. I probably will fly into Victoria area (for wife) and hunt Zimbabwe or Zambia.

I wanted to drop by Limpopo to see a friend and their family but not really wanting to hunt Limpopo for a 3rd time. Will most likely skip South Africa visit.

So, if I go to Victoria area this will help me make my choice. My top wants are represented in the poll above.

Thanks for input. I can probably still stay within my budget.

I am coming over to your way of thinking. I probably will fly into Victoria area (for wife) and hunt Zimbabwe or Zambia.

I wanted to drop by Limpopo to see a friend and their family but not really wanting to hunt Limpopo for a 3rd time. Will most likely skip South Africa visit.

So, if I go to Victoria area this will help me make my choice. My top wants are represented in the poll above.

Thanks for input. I can probably still stay within my budget.

I have hunted the Save Valley. You will enjoy it immensely. I would not attempt to drive across the border with firearms. Heed @Red Leg’s caution and ensure your PH is licensed in Zim. There have been some folks skirting the regs there, I’d hate to see you get caught up in a mess.

I had to throw in another vote for Elephant, although a big, nasty, ear-torn Dagga Boy buffalo would be second on my list.

Actually none of those as a "package". I go with a few spp. in mind and stay within those numbers or comparable. Usually I calculate the trophy fee (s) plus the daily X days = base cost. Maybe buffalo only hunt in Mozambique, Zambia or Zimbabwe. Or PG only concentrating on tracking/foot hunting for good oryx, eland, kudu, wildebeest, plus maybe some bird shooting and fishing thrown in :) Zimbabwe or Botswana come to mind.

Going through beitbridge is not pleasant. It is a very long process usually. Firearms wouldn't be a headache but the border post is what would put me off. Fly - it is a pleasure compared to hours in the blazing heat.

That's a tough one..... 3, 4 or 5 would all be awesome. I think the deciding factor for me would be value, location, logistics, etc. Good luck!

You can do Cape Buffalo or Tuskless elephant in Zimbabwe under 20K.

Hypothetically!

If these are all Wild Animals and available for the price.

My choice would be a Lion.

I would hunt anything for the challenge and experience but on my budget I'm at least hoping to get an Australian Water Buffalo or scrub Bull. I am fascinated by DG

Many other things might be more desirable than Elephant for me personally but it would still be an amazing experience if you have space to display one

Yes, but leave early in the morning, never drive at night. It isn't robbers, it is the terrible roads and vehicles left on the road, or no lights.

As the results show, buffalo is king. There is nothing quite like a Cape buffalo - powerful, difficult, menacing and deadly. The horns, the boss, the thick hide and the legendary stare. What a worthy animal to hunt.

Yes, but leave early in the morning, never drive at night. It isn't robbers, it is the terrible roads and vehicles left on the road, or no lights.
Exactly. I arrive at Harare late afternoon of July 30. Because I have a 6 hour drive to camp I will spend the night at Amanzi and leave early morning on the 31st.

BTW @Kevin Peacocke want to have drinks if you are in town?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daneski43

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber