Which caliber over .458

I would like a .470 NE but it would likely need to weigh more than I want to tote.

I've already decided a 10.75 lb 450/400 3" is about my limit in recoil.
 
I would like a .470 NE but it would likely need to weigh more than I want to tote.

I've already decided a 10.75 lb 450/400 3" is about my limit in recoil.

My Merkel with scope weights 11lbs. Recoil is not that bad.
 
I would like a .470 NE but it would likely need to weigh more than I want to tote.

I've already decided a 10.75 lb 450/400 3" is about my limit in recoil.

I think the 450-400 was Jim Corbett's heavy rifle. Can't argue with that.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,103
Members
169,107
Latest member
ShaniWorga
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top