Which .416 Rigby?

I am where you are 10 years ago. My CZ 416 Rigby was too heavy, too bulky, too long. Replaced it with a Ruger 416 Guide Gun
and couldn't be happier. It is lighter, more compact, stupid accurate, easy to load for.
The stainless steel barrel/action, great iron sights, it's compact platform are all good.
The muzzle brake is not obnoxious due to it's radial design, is easily removed and really
dampens the recoil.

The Guide Gun is a utilitarian tool that gets the job done. You may not have this
viewpoint right now, but it works for me.

At 67 years old I can not longer drag boat anchor rifles thru the jesse all day chasing ele.

Good luck with your choice, lots of good advice and experience posted above.
 
Last edited:
I have a CZ 550 Classic in 416 Rigby. With 400gr bullets it shoots 3 shot cloverleafs at 100yds. I have a Nikon 1-4x20 with German #4 reticle on it. The only thing that it has hunted, sort of, was a groundhog at 20yds.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,229
Members
169,972
Latest member
Samara60I
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top