Which .416 Rigby?

I am where you are 10 years ago. My CZ 416 Rigby was too heavy, too bulky, too long. Replaced it with a Ruger 416 Guide Gun
and couldn't be happier. It is lighter, more compact, stupid accurate, easy to load for.
The stainless steel barrel/action, great iron sights, it's compact platform are all good.
The muzzle brake is not obnoxious due to it's radial design, is easily removed and really
dampens the recoil.

The Guide Gun is a utilitarian tool that gets the job done. You may not have this
viewpoint right now, but it works for me.

At 67 years old I can not longer drag boat anchor rifles thru the jesse all day chasing ele.

Good luck with your choice, lots of good advice and experience posted above.

Last edited:
I have a CZ 550 Classic in 416 Rigby. With 400gr bullets it shoots 3 shot cloverleafs at 100yds. I have a Nikon 1-4x20 with German #4 reticle on it. The only thing that it has hunted, sort of, was a groundhog at 20yds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!