When was copper plated buckshot invented?

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Guys ,
I really need some information to put on my upcoming book . Does anyone here know when copper plated buckshot was first introduced ?
I was born in 1980 and remember seeing Federal copper plated 00 buck in about '89 in Texas gun stores.
Appreciate any help.
Hoss :)

Kawshik Rahman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I cannot help you but l can say the following :
1) Federal copper plate SG 12 bore cartridges started getting imported in Bangladesh in 1998.
2) In 1967 , l saw some shot-gun cartridges from Winchester which were called " lullaby " which were advertised on the cartridge box as being " copperized ". However , l only saw them in number 2 shot size .
I hope l was of assistance .
Who ever possesses the answer , l believe ( unless l am very mistaken ) that Federal was the first firm to start selling copper plate SG shot cartridges.

JimP

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
I was shooting copper plated BB's out of my BB gun way back in the 60's. So I am sure that they were available for shotgun shells.

CoElkHunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I cannot help you but l can say the following :
1) Federal copper plate SG 12 bore cartridges started getting imported in Bangladesh in 1998.
2) In 1967 , l saw some shot-gun cartridges from Winchester which were called " lullaby " which were advertised on the cartridge box as being " copperized ". However , l only saw them in number 2 shot size .
I hope l was of assistance .
Who ever possesses the answer , l believe ( unless l am very mistaken ) that Federal was the first firm to start selling copper plate SG shot cartridges.
Should be “Luballoy”. A Winchester patent for their shotgun pellets.

Kawshik Rahman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Should be “Luballoy”. A Winchester patent for their shotgun pellets.
Co Elk Hunter
Please forgive me for my spelling error . I have just typed " Luballoy" on the Internet to refresh my memory . You are correct . The name is Luballoy .

CoElkHunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Co Elk Hunter
Please forgive me for my spelling error . I have just typed " Luballoy" on the Internet to refresh my memory . You are correct . The name is Luballoy .
Kawshik,
Your spelling isn’t an issue! Just keep your GREAT personal hunting accounts/articles/adventures coming for all of us here on AH!
CEH

Trogon

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DU, RGS/AWS, NRA
Hunted
KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX
Hoss, I would agree with around 1985. I still have a couple rounds of Federal 12 gauge, copper plated and buffered, No. 4 buckshot. Can send a pic when I get home from work travels.

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings