When did Nosler Partition change its manufacturing process?

PerH

AH elite
Joined
May 8, 2021
Messages
1,729
Reaction score
2,817
Location
Norway
Media
1
Articles
2
As one remember from NP making before of the time when NP was made in original way , then it was changed over to the present type of manufacture, do anybody know when that was ?

Ie old model of NP : cold drill jacket from front and rear ,fill with lead and crimp, make the tip etc.

New model : stretch out tube warm, drill in front and rear fill with lead and form as mentioned.

In warmer process, the bullet get more elastic,softer in some speeds and conditions become brittle and " varmint like".

Cold bullet ,behave more stable,slower expansion,keep up better and overall better performance with more equal result from time to time.


Before,( when i was little) i heard later on NP in the Norma ammo was considered as proper fodder, later it became a swear word if a guy had ammo so loaded in his rifle. Some areas would almost not allowone guy to use it for moose since it would ruin more meat than beforw.
 
I have & use still some of the Old NP in my 270Win (I don't even like this caliber just keep ending up with one or two, as now) the 150gr in 270Win has been awesome & I have 200gr in 30Cal & way back used them in .375 H&H they were great .

I feel these were some time in the 70's but I will check packets & see if I can find out more ?
 
I read a comparison test in a now shut down Norwegian magazine, Våpenjournalen, they tried the .375HH and .378 Wby with the 300 NP, they looked very similar in apperance afterwards, it was more like a picture of what the Aframe looks like now than the NP.
 
Yes I think the old style were/are better, the A Frame is the one now for Bigger Game !

NP lath turned.jpg

NP lath turned-.jpg

NP lath turned -.jpg
 
I have a box of the old style - turned on a screw machine, I think. These go way back - 1960s or 70s, I think.
 
They looked very good and reliable ,and the originator of the style was the German HMantel bullet . Bit sad they went away from it ,over to new technique.

Now if they would look up a semi stubby .458 Accubond one day.
 
I wonder why they wouldn't try a bonded partition? I have had my accubonds hold together very well on plains game up to kudu and zebra, and on Moose, bears and whitetails .

Haven't shot anything big with a partition since a big bull moose in the early 90's with a 180 partition out of a 30/06. I didn't recover the bullet, but I did recover the moose so I guess it worked well.

Until then I hope the A frames and Woodleighs will work on the bigger critters I hunt. So far the only animal I have taken with an A frame was a nice little whitetail Buck at around 200 meters with my 458 Lott. I didn't recover that bullet either.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,239
Members
169,289
Latest member
ShoshanaR4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top