When did Nosler Partition change its manufacturing process?

PerH

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
As one remember from NP making before of the time when NP was made in original way , then it was changed over to the present type of manufacture, do anybody know when that was ?

Ie old model of NP : cold drill jacket from front and rear ,fill with lead and crimp, make the tip etc.

New model : stretch out tube warm, drill in front and rear fill with lead and form as mentioned.

In warmer process, the bullet get more elastic,softer in some speeds and conditions become brittle and " varmint like".

Cold bullet ,behave more stable,slower expansion,keep up better and overall better performance with more equal result from time to time.

Before,( when i was little) i heard later on NP in the Norma ammo was considered as proper fodder, later it became a swear word if a guy had ammo so loaded in his rifle. Some areas would almost not allowone guy to use it for moose since it would ruin more meat than beforw.

I have & use still some of the Old NP in my 270Win (I don't even like this caliber just keep ending up with one or two, as now) the 150gr in 270Win has been awesome & I have 200gr in 30Cal & way back used them in .375 H&H they were great .

I feel these were some time in the 70's but I will check packets & see if I can find out more ?

I read a comparison test in a now shut down Norwegian magazine, Våpenjournalen, they tried the .375HH and .378 Wby with the 300 NP, they looked very similar in apperance afterwards, it was more like a picture of what the Aframe looks like now than the NP.

Yes I think the old style were/are better, the A Frame is the one now for Bigger Game !

NP lath turned.jpg

NP lath turned-.jpg

NP lath turned -.jpg

I have a box of the old style - turned on a screw machine, I think. These go way back - 1960s or 70s, I think.

They looked very good and reliable ,and the originator of the style was the German HMantel bullet . Bit sad they went away from it ,over to new technique.

Now if they would look up a semi stubby .458 Accubond one day.

I wonder why they wouldn't try a bonded partition? I have had my accubonds hold together very well on plains game up to kudu and zebra, and on Moose, bears and whitetails .

Haven't shot anything big with a partition since a big bull moose in the early 90's with a 180 partition out of a 30/06. I didn't recover the bullet, but I did recover the moose so I guess it worked well.

Until then I hope the A frames and Woodleighs will work on the bigger critters I hunt. So far the only animal I have taken with an A frame was a nice little whitetail Buck at around 200 meters with my 458 Lott. I didn't recover that bullet either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!