Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
We first booked for may of 2020 and we all know how that went. 2021 replanned, had some family health issues. Tomorrow we fly out on Turkish at 8pm from DFW. Flight options were limited when we booked so long layover in Istanbul in both directions.

End in East London and hunting with Comre Safaris for our first time in Africa. 7 day trip and can’t wait.
Thinking about tanning hides in Africa to be cheap (Zebra couch throw and maybe some others) and dip/pack the rest for US taxidermy. Thoughts on that? Any draw backs?

Dale

Good luck Dale! Looking forward to reading your trip report. I don’t see any drawbacks in your plan.

Enjoy yourself.
Take plenty of pictures and some notes for your report.

Good luck, have fun and shoot straight!

Have a great trip!!! Went last year for a 10 day 10 pg safari. Have three shoulder mounts two full hides and seven euro mounts coming back in June. Thought it was best to have them done in South Africa outside port Elizabeth. The lodge had a couple of dozen mounts by them. Cost was 5 k gave them half as a deposit. I’m only dealing with the lodge owner.

Have a great trip, keep us posted.

Congrats Dale Have a great time!!

Dale,

Best of luck and safe travels. , I envy you. You only get one first Safari. Take all the photos you can and keep some journal notes for when you get older. It’s amazing how many of the little things we forget as time passes. It will take you back in time when you read them 25 years from now.

JP

Safe travels and enjoy every minute of your trip! We will all be waiting to hear your hunting report when you get back :)

Best of luck and enjoy!

Yes, bring the trophies home and get them done here. Yes, do dip & pack and ship them. Good luck and looking forward to your report & pictures. (y)

Good luck, looking forward to your report and pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KurtMacalu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double