What to carry

I’m actually getting a pair of compact binoculars to take on an upcoming hunt. In the past I’ve carried Leica 10x42 Geovids around my neck, but they’re big & rather heavy. My PH often carries the same binoculars, so it’s a bit redundant. On a western Tanzania hunt with him about 18 months ago, I noticed him using Leica compact binoculars when we’d go on longer walks. He told me that he finds them much more comfortable and they’re plenty good enough for most situations.

I’ll be with him again in 4 months, this time on his Selous concession. I’ll have my Geovids but they’ll mostly stay on the truck or be with us when hunting crocs. But there’ll be a pair of Leica compacts around my neck all the time, especially when hunting buffalo where we don’t care so much about inches as we do just shooting old bulls.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,260
Messages
1,570,043
Members
168,821
Latest member
WmJohnson2026
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top