What Is Your Dream Rifle?

I have 2!

1. New Winchester M70 in .458 WM

2. Winchester M70 with a 26” 300Wby mag barrel fitted.

Borh perfection in my eyes.

Russ
Russ,
I thought you ere a 1 eyed .458wm man.

The .300 is for the long shots i guesser the days that .458wm would just be overkill,

And really, I’m not sure.

As a kid I inherited a Unique X21 in .22 calibre. Among other things I read about I thought the Unique Diptera was nice, I still do but haven’t handled one but back when shooting rabbits was all I had access too a .22 was important

I have a handful of functional riles now but I would like something special.

That might be a bespoke big game rifle or a double,

I learned a few new words reading this so there are many famous makers to explore.

Perhaps mine does not evoke the nostalgia that other listed her do, however, I have long dreamed about a 550 Magnum built on a ZKK 602.

It needs no fancy walnut as I will consider it a working rifle. Has to have a barrelband front sling hook and express sights.

Decent trigger and a matt blue finish.

And for the comfort of the shooter a mercury recoil reducer.

I think that just about sums it up!

Shoot straight!
Inkonkoni

My dream rifle would be an English double 8 bore paradox gun. I WILL own one some day...

-matt

Perhaps mine does not evoke the nostalgia that other listed her do, however, I have long dreamed about a 550 Magnum built on a ZKK 602.

It needs no fancy walnut as I will consider it a working rifle. Has to have a barrelband front sling hook and express sights.

Shoot straight!
Inkonkoni
Wow when you dream you dream big. My shoulder hurts just thinking about that one. I hope you do find your dream gun. There is not much in life that beats that feeling. Birth of children, wedding day ( or maybe divorce day☹). It is the gift that keeps on giving every time you hold it. Keep looking!

Wow when you dream you dream big. My shoulder hurts just thinking about that one. I hope you do find your dream gun. There is not much in life that beats that feeling. Birth of children, wedding day ( or maybe divorce day☹). It is the gift that keeps on giving every time you hold it. Keep looking!

Some might say I have an unhealthy appetite for large calibre rifles!

Shoot straight!
Inkonkoni

Having something built for you might be half the fun. A barrel band does look good on a bolt action Safari rifle. It just has that look.

Now I’m off to google that cartridge.

I would like to make it look like I am ahead of the game.
Mine would be a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 375 Ruger, stainless laminated stalk. I would need a 300WM Ruger #1.
3A9B9EA3-23BD-4249-9A11-58CCB60AA5A7.jpeg

looks like I don’t need to keep shopping I M already shooting them.

Dream rifle.....?

Not sure if it can be made but I want one that shoots
.450 - .500 cal.
Range of something like 6.5 Creedmore
Must be a double
Recoil of a .22
Priced under $500

We did say DREAM rifle right... ;)

Failing that any .40 cal double by Rigby or Holland & Holland or Verney-Carron

Any Original Mauser or between the wars English bolt gun . I’m missing an original 505 Gibbs if anyone knows of one?....I’ve given up on finding an original 500 Jeffery...
Original 505 - tick....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,