What is the Justification?

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I hope this thread doesn't turn into a political whipping boy. I'm just wondering with all of the restrictions in the majority of countries that are placed on firearms and ammunition, what are the politicians afraid of? Do the laws allow for the ease of those fears?

The politicians in our countries are not afraid of anything special when it comes to weapons. They just want to be re-elected. They are only the instrument of an anti-gun lobby , which is very powerful in many european countries. What motivates people to take actions against gun owners is very different and at times borders on pathological unfounded fear of weapons. What it is about and who the gun owners are , the majority of these people don't know or have absolutely wrong ideas.

The laws do not combat terrorism or general crime , it is all pure activism but it calms the uninformed majority who feels that security is coming.

Last edited:
Re-election.

It makes it appear as though they are acting.
We have had a spate of shooting murders lately.
The guys doing the shooting and their targets have all been known criminals thus far.
We made it to 20 this part year. (I know)

It will be blamed on handguns.
The fact that the offending guns are smuggled in from some country south of us won’t matter. That fact will be brushed off.
The law abiding minority will always be subject to the fears of the mob. Screams to end gun violence by taking away guns.
Appear to act and you’ll get re-elected.

Its called the "do something" disease here. Something bad happens, thus we must do something. Or, its about the children. My personal fav is this one, "if it saves just one childs life", it will be worth trashing the whole of the Bill of Rights in some minds.
It has become the emotional hot button issue of the times.:(

In Britain, our gun laws were initially formed out of a very real and genuine fear of a bolshevik coup.

Most of our firearm laws is derived from the Firearms Act of 1920. This date is significant in light of the political climate in Europe as explored below.

Wind back to 1919. The great war is over, but Europe is in tatters. Over the past few years empires have risen and fallen, dynasties and houses dating back hundreds of years have been wiped out and millions have died.

The White Russian Empire burned in the flames of revolution, many of the ex-Ottoman states look likely to follow, whilst Spartacist or Bolshevik aligned factions in what is now Germany have lead successful mutinies in the Army, the Navy and across Munich, Frankfurt, Hanover and Brunswick. This lead to the abdication of all 21 german ruling dynasties and the formation of 'People's States' across the region.

Across all nations, both Allied and Axis, millions of working class people have military training, have faced armed combat in the worst war ever known and, due to the horrors and pointlessness of the war itself, plus the ensuing economic slump across the continent, have little to no faith in their leaders or government.

Britain looked on in horror as these disillusioned, dangerous, subversive elements returned from Flander's fields still clutching their SMLEs. Men who were a short time ago the heroes of the British Empire where now a clear and present danger to the exisiting government, the integrity of the British Empire and to the entire class and political system of the day. But what could be done to contain the threat?

I suggest that those who are interested in the background to this statement and the answer to this question read this paper. Its worth 30mins of your time.

http://dvc.org.uk/dunblane/clayton_1.pdf

Agree that politicians are ultimately seeking reelection but it almost seems as if they have slightly more sinister agenda sometimes...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

400 million guns in the U.S. MOST politicians will do or say whatever it takes to keep their lucrative positions and egos satisfied. The back door, sinister m.o. they're using now is legalizing cannabis. Use it and own a gun, you are now a federal felon.

(1) Get re-elected, I agree
(2) Do Something, I agree

However, what most folks (the do something crowd) forget is that doing nothing is doing something. Personally, I am very happy that most of the time congress is doing nothing. My bank account is happy too.

Memories of civil wars...

cannabis. Use it and own a gun, you are now a federal felon.

I'm clueless here, I'd like to have someone in LE or someone with LE experience explain how this would happen and or how it would play out. Aren't both of these covered by State and not Federal Law

U.S is a republic. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if the South would have won.

anyways....I am keeping my guns, magazines, clips, ammo, everything. When someone comes to get them I guess I will then go to the dark side. In my opinion they know their power is limited with all the gun owners and guns not controlled. They want unlimited power and control. In my opinion Any politician that tries to impede any rights in any way should be hanged. Period.

It seems to me that the issue is trust. When a politician proposes a law that limits the rights of the citizens it is just another way of saying that the politician does not trust the citizens. also seems to me that this is contrary to the basic premises enumerated in the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution. It also seems to me that politicians are famous for projections- that is they see the untrustworthiness of themselves in the citizens, whether it is in the citizens or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,