What firearm should I use?

My boy just took your two critters and several others with a .284 Win and 140 gr Barnes Triple Shock bullets at just over 3000fps with no problems, all one shot kills but the kudu needed a finisher for a high shoulder shot. You mag will add a couple hundred fps to that so of course its plenty of power with a good bullet.
 
Take the gun you already own, save the money you would have spent and shoot one or two extra animals while you are there!!!
 
Take the gun you already own, save the money you would have spent and shoot one or two extra animals while you are there!!!

sound advice.............
 
I used a 7mm Rem mag with 140 gr Ballistic tip handloads on my first South African hunt. My Kudu and Blue wildebeest were both one shot kills, and the wildebeest simply dropped in his tracks.

On my second South African hunt, I again took a 7mm Rem mag, but with 160 gr Accubond bullets. I hunted several properties on that trip, and one PH, who also hunted with a 7mm Rem mag, commented several times on the large internal wound channels that the Accubond bullets made.

Like Drivenhunter posted, "Bullet placement is the key to any hunting."
 
It's unanimous, your present rifle with good bullets will be just fine.

Buy another gun if you want to. It will be a good back up to bring along.

Now that's over, go to the next item on the list.

agree with you wayne...............................................................:sleep:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,572,014
Members
169,474
Latest member
AubreyWyan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top