What Documents Should I Not Leave Camp Without?

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
832
Reaction score
547
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
Media
8
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalahari in South Africa.
Good day,

Are there documents that you should not leave camp without? I'm assuming that there will documents that are required for trophy import, export, etc... Any information on what I should ask for or should not leave without, would be greatly appreciated. Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Regards,

Mike
 
Mike,
You should never leave camp without a copy of your hunting license ( PH register) and your invoice.
All the other paper work will come with your trophies.
 
While traveling in different countries, your letter of invite and your rifle permit is usually handy if you encounter a road block checking for papers. Some times your game scout will go over this with your PH.


I always put mine in the pouch in my soft case, so it is handy.
 
You will not need the letter of invite or a rifle permit if you hire (rent) a rifle from your outfitter/PH.
 
If you are talking about departure when your trip is over, Rob covered it.
If you are touring the country after the Safari and have your firearms, obviously you had better be in possession of your firearms permit.
 
Mike,
You should never leave camp without a copy of your hunting license ( PH register) and your invoice.
All the other paper work will come with your trophies.

Robert,

Thank you for the reply. That's what I though, but I don't want any problems before, during or after my first trip over.

Regards,
Mike
 
Last edited by a moderator:
While traveling in different countries, your letter of invite and your rifle permit is usually handy if you encounter a road block checking for papers. Some times your game scout will go over this with your PH.


I always put mine in the pouch in my soft case, so it is handy.

James,

Thank yo for the additional information!

Regards,

Mike
 
You will not need the letter of invite or a rifle permit if you hire (rent) a rifle from your outfitter/PH.
Scott,

Thank you for the information, this trip I will be bringing a rifle. But that is information I certainly may need in the future.

Regards,

Mike
 
If you are talking about departure when your trip is over, Rob covered it.
If you are touring the country after the Safari and have your firearms, obviously you had better be in possession of your firearms permit.
Brickburn,

Thank you for the reply. I was talking about departure, sorry I didn't make that clear. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Mike
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,537
Latest member
FaeDelano
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top