What did you learn at the DSC convention?

steve white

AH legend
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
dallas safari club, mannlicher collectors assoc., era
Hunted
Cape buffalo, plains game
DSC convention--wouldn't miss it! This year I got to take a first look at the inside workings of the Blaser R8--the one you guys are always raving about. I must say, it is new out of the box thinking with that collet type lockup+shoulder which is the functional locking lug arrangement. Just as smooth and fast as described around here as well-- curious to know if any of you chose the thumbhole stock.

It was a breath of fresh air to see Peter Hofer from Ferlach, Austria, as well as a few other truly premier German gunmakers. Nice to be exposed to what work the Continental Meisters can do. It's not just the British who know how to make a great firearm!

I think I took one step closer toward a new adventure--discussed such with a few companies--subject to my wife's newly burgeoning interest in going TOO I am happy to say.

I believe I already posted about the return availability of NorthFork bullet through Reloading International.

All in all a great show, though I didn't win a trip by raffle!

I think I took one step closer toward a new adventure--discussed such with a few companies--subject to my wife's newly burgeoning interest in going TOO I am happy to say.
If Mama is on board then the biggest hurtle is over. Happy wife, happy life. You're on your way:A Banana:

DSC convention--wouldn't miss it! This year I got to take a first look at the inside workings of the Blaser R8--the one you guys are always raving about. I must say, it is new out of the box thinking with that collet type lockup+shoulder which is the functional locking lug arrangement. Just as smooth and fast as described around here as well-- curious to know if any of you chose the thumbhole stock.

It was a breath of fresh air to see Peter Hofer from Ferlach, Austria, as well as a few other truly premier German gunmakers. Nice to be exposed to what work the Continental Meisters can do. It's not just the British who know how to make a great firearm!

I believe I already posted about the return availability of NorthFork bullet through Reloading International.

All in all a great show, though I didn't win a trip by raffle!
Hey Steve, somehow I missed earlier the part of your wife’s interest in going to Africa! I guess I got lost in all the rifle talk in the first part of the post which is like a foreign language to me. Anyway, I’m thrilled your wife wants to go. She will love it. I was a skeptical and hesitant wife….and the trip changed my life. Now here I am on this site! Anyway, if she’s a reader she might want to check out the book I wrote about the experience. It’s available on Amazon and free on kindle unlimited. I also sell signed copies from my website. Forgive me if you already knew this. I have a hard time keeping track of all these AH names. I like that yours is simple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leatha89G

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob