What comes before and after a 9.3 x 62?

o_O of course its a classic ;) as a few here have said the .275(7x57) would be perfect for your smaller cal, and the .404 or .416 RIGBY !! as your bigger one. above that the .500 jeff or .505 gibbs if you can handle them and are looking at bolt action. but with the 275, 9.3x62 and 404 or 416 you would have no reason to buy anything else.......... so is that good or bad.......? :eek:
Isn't your double rifle s 9.3x62?

318 and 425 Westley Richards...

I can't argue with the 6.5x55 or the 7x57 they are both great choices but you could also use the .270, .280 or the 7x64, if your hunting in open country the additional reach and knockdown power may come in handy. As for the big gun I don't own anything larger than a 35 Whelen but the 416's do interest me.

Here are mine
Top Brno ZKK600 7x57 Kahles 3-9x42
Middle Mauser Oberndorf Type B 9.3x62 made in 1924
Bottom Mauser .404 Jeffery made by member on here Von Gruff

Attachments

• African rifles_zpst9nph3zz.jpg
    African rifles_zpst9nph3zz.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
318 and 425 Westley Richards...

I wonder if that pair might be a two gun battery that does not need another in between. The would cover the same category of hunt needs as the 9.3x62 bracketed by the 7x57 and 404 Jeffery.

I wonder if that pair might be a two gun battery that does not need another in between. The would cover the same category of hunt needs as the 9.3x62 bracketed by the 7x57 and 404 Jeffery.

@Von Gruff I can see your point BUT ... why confuse an excuse to buy a new gun or two, with logic? :D (n) :whistle: :A Stirring: :D Beers:

You are letting the side down, mate!

@Von Gruff I can see your point BUT ... why confuse an excuse to buy a new gun or two, with logic? :D (n) :whistle: :A Stirring: :D Beers:

You are letting the side down, mate!

I hardly think so as I was intending the 318 / 425 WR pairing to be a second battery to the 7x57 / 9.3x62 / 404 Jeffery trio, so rather than letting the side down, I rather think I am advocating for ADDING another two guns to what might otherwise only have been three for those times when you have to travel light.

Then there is also the 350 and 416 Rigby pairing that might be better suited for a more open ground type of hunt where ranges might be a bit longer. So now we mmight be looking at one three gun and 2 two gun batteries.

I hardly think so as I was intending the 318 / 425 WR pairing to be a second battery to the 7x57 / 9.3x62 / 404 Jeffery trio, so rather than letting the side down, I rather think I am advocating for ADDING another two guns to what might otherwise only have been three for those times when you have to travel light.

Then there is also the 350 and 416 Rigby pairing that might be better suited for a more open ground type of hunt where ranges might be a bit longer. So now we mmight be looking at one three gun and 2 two gun batteries.

:E Hmmm:... @Von Gruff this isnt good.....having the .275/9.3x62/404 trio and the 350 and 416 rigby pairing you have me wondering about the WR pairing.........:E No::E Nono:

jeez pete what you doing??? well if you give me your 333 when its done up i will be sorted with this as well , even if its only the cals and not the actual jeffery rifles ;):D
Riiiigggghhhhhtttt!!!

@PeteG that's just wrong :notworthy::notworthy:
You don't know how long I had been thinking along those lines when I first started thinking about .404J.
@Von Gruff - I like the idea of pairing
Easier to make up more pairs :whistle::whistle:
German pairs, English Pairs, American Pairs
Light and mid range
Mid range and heavy
Light and heavy
Doubles and doubles
:A Banana::A Banana:Ja I am seeing a plan here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross