What can be done

There are two sides to this: 1) The shooter, and normally one would hope that he or she would be deterred by either conscience or consequence. It clearly appears from the number of incidents of these school shootings that conscience is non existent and they seem willing to lose their lives, so neither is consequence.
2) You are therefore left with hardening the target, and that means both access and response. I doubt if these agressors are shot whilst attempting an attack that it will deter others, it just means they won't get to kill anyone before they are taken out.

From what I've heard of this kid, you wouldn't want him ANYWHERE in public let alone an elementary school. Nature or nurture I cannot tell you which played a larger role, but the nurture part definitely wasn't on his side. A broken home with no responsible adults to keep him in check. Peers did nothing so there goes the idea of red flag laws. Even if they did, our do gooders would do everything in their power to keep him from being locked up which has always been a major contradiction as I see it. To top it all off, the last line of defense seems to have failed in epic proportions. I'll save full judgement for now but it sure as hell doesn't look good. If it is as appears, I can't see how they live with themselves, nor can I imagine the wrath I would unleash as one of the parents.

This right here is a big one.

A lot of hunters think that just getting rid of the so called "BLACK RIFLE" will satisfy the gun grabbers and the gun grabbers say that is all that they want.

Same goes for the difference in some domestic only hunters and the crowd here who travels across the pond. They pound their chests about only killing what they'll eat and how "trophy hunting" is a disgrace and black mark on hunting. No wonder we can't come together with all of the oneupmanship.

This right here is a big one.

A lot of hunters think that just getting rid of the so called "BLACK RIFLE" will satisfy the gun grabbers and the gun grabbers say that is all that they want.

But what happens when the perps switch over to pump shotguns or lever action rifles, are they next on the list.

But who gets to write the definition of a black rifle? Right now you can take a standard semi automatic hunting rifle and with a couple of legal modifications you can turn it into a black rifle.
And it goes both ways. I’ve seen plenty of black rifle types who are opposed to hunting, especially “evil sport hunting.”

If we can’t hang together we’re hosed.

This has nothing to do with guns whatsoever. What can we expect from a country that promotes and pays for the murder of millions of unborn children and allows doctors to kill old people in some states. We have a culture of selfishness. Isolation from government lock downs has made the mental crisis even larger. To answer your question there is absolutely nothing we can do about evil but pray that God keeps it away from us.
Regards,
Philip

So much hypocrisy on the left. Want to address gun violence then address the elephant in the room, the demographic where shootings are most likely to occur. But THAT is verboten. That's racist. In reality ignoring it is what is racist. Ignoring what's happening in Chicago or Detroit while wringing hands over something happening in Texas is hypocrisy at it's finest.

Ban the black rifles, when in reality the weapon used in most shooting in the country is the pistol. But that doesn't fit the narrative, that isn't as threatening as an AR, AK, FAL etc. So they will once again attempt to ban so called "assault weapons" not because they're stupid but because the scary semi autos are low hanging fruit. They can't envision that the very same damage could be caused by someone with a 100 year old Model 1912 Winchester.

And then there are the so called "hunters" who would throw everyone with a certain type of firearm under the bus. These assholes really don't get it, the goal is to ban firearms, the semi auto is just the first step. Your precious double shotgun or rifle is also on the menu, along with everything else.

What happened was horrible and hopefully there's a complete investigation because at this point there are some questions about how the shooter gained entry and why the first police on the scene didn't enter and engage the shooter.

I think the school solution is obvious, especially with this most recent event and as the facts are coming out right now.

1. Harden school security within reason. This school had the resources and protocols in place but they were not being followed nor enforced.

Single entrance points to schools. Of course there needs to be multiple exits. But they can be one way and secured. Many buildings have them, ALARM WILL SOUND IF OPENED. A teacher propped the door open minutes before the shooter entered that door. That teacher has a heavy burden to live with....

2. Armed gaurd on duty. There was a school gaurd on the payroll but not there... Train them! He drove past the shooter kneeling behind a car, I'd probably have missed that too. But I'm not trained either.

3. Not only allow but encourage the teachers who want to carry, to carry a gun or at least have one quickly available. Biometric safes would keep students or anyone else from having access to it.

Provide intensive and continuing training for any teacher willing to be armed. And vet them properly.

4. The cops failed. They have a directive to go towards the fire and stop the shooter at all costs. Already there are excuses flying as to why there were 19 officers out in the hall waiting rather than doing something. Why a couple of them didn't go around to a window has yet to be explained.

Truth is the cops cannot get there quickly enough to stop it, but they can limit the carnage. It's what they signed on for. Sounds like the guy in charge on site will have a lot of explaining to do to everyone, himself, and God.

I can already feel big brother using this to further take away our freedoms. And totally missing the things that could work. Yes there appears to have been social media posts indicating a problem. I'm sure Biden will use this tragedy to further his liberal gun hating and freedom hating agenda. And totally miss the obvious solutions that can actually work.

At 12:16 a 911 call came in from the class, 7 to 9 kids were still alive. It was 12:50 before they breached the door. That is the exact reason the protocol for an active shooter in a school is so different, the complete disregard for all normal considerations is required in order to try to limit the loss of the children's lives. We hold their well-being at an entirely different level, as all good and moral people should.

Last edited:
What politician got rid of the state mental hospitals? Most of these problems is the destruction of the family. People get divorced at the drop of a hat and don't care much about the children as long as they get a new women. There is even some women who just have kids and want the taxpayers to help raise them. This empire will collapse because the dumbest are breeding and the smartest and ones with the most means are having fewer children. Sounds great for the future. Passing more gun laws will do little to stop the killings anymore than passing more restrictions on abortions will save more infants.
Trump's been divorced twice and his kids are screwed up.

The mentally ill are the democrat voting base - that's why the democrats don't want to deal with this problem.
If he Democrats pick up 3 or 4 seats in the Senate you will see what they will do about this.

Mistakes were made at all levels in this shooting. The perp was outside the school for 12 minutes shooting at the school and at other people. 12 minutes!! Where were the cops in those 12 minutes?
A teacher propped the door open thru which the shooter made a free entry. Why?

While the perp was still shooting and kids and teachers calling and talking to 911 inside the classroom, there were 19 officers in the hallway dithering on what to do! It went on for nearly an hour. The local cops dissuaded the BorTac cops from going in. Why?
By time they did finally go in and shoot the perp, it was too late, most were dead. Some apparently had bled out waiting for the rescue that didnt come.
One of the saddest events to ever happen here.

Mistakes were made at all levels in this shooting. The perp was outside the school for 12 minutes shooting at the school and at other people. 12 minutes!! Where were the cops in those 12 minutes?
A teacher propped the door open thru which the shooter made a free entry. Why?

While the perp was still shooting and kids and teachers calling and talking to 911 inside the classroom, there were 19 officers in the hallway dithering on what to do! It went on for nearly an hour. The local cops dissuaded the BorTac cops from going in. Why?
By time they did finally go in and shoot the perp, it was too late, most were dead. Some apparently had bled out waiting for the rescue that didnt come.
One of the saddest events to ever happen her

Comparing Kyle Rittenhouse, who killed three adult attackers in self defense, to someone who just murdered 19 innocent children in a school and in cold blood is an incredibly stupid take on all of this.
He is a good guy with a gun correct?

If he Democrats pick up 3 or 4 seats in the Senate you will see what they will do about this.

The duh mass democrats just nominated a Supreme Court Justice that doesn't know what a woman is. Supposedly the best of the best, brightest of the bright, etc. and yet she doesn't know how to define what a woman is. And, the duh masses cheer. The liberals think they're loosing the "right" to kill 600,000 babies a year and they go crazy and illegally protest yet have the audacity to feign concern when 19 kids are gunned down.

BTW - Democrats haven't won a legitimate national election since before Nixon. The same holds true for many statewide senate races.

Give the police more power and limit the liability for taking reasonable action. They are required to make a judgement call and use discretion, at times it comes into question but that would be a miniscule no of actions in comparison to the amount of jobs completed.
If the Police prematurely shot one Nut job who walked into a school with a loaded firearm then a dozen innocent lives would have been saved.
Either way the Nut job is not here to answer for their actions and police were reluctant to police for fear of prosecution.

I find it very interesting that in your info about yourself you wrote this

Gear I cannot live withoutMY RIFLES

For someone that can’t live without his rifles he sure wants to take away everyone else’s!

Show me where I want to take away rifles.

Give the police more power and limit the liability for taking reasonable action. They are required to make a judgement call and use discretion, at times it comes into question but that would be a miniscule no of actions in comparison to the amount of jobs completed.
If the Police prematurely shot one Nut job who walked into a school with a loaded firearm then a dozen innocent lives would have been saved.
Either way the Nut job is not here to answer for their actions and police were reluctant to police for fear of prosecution.

The reason for their inaction here is very clear, and it has nothing to do with fear of prosecution.

The reason for their inaction here is very clear, and it has nothing to do with fear of prosecution.
I don't know what went on but Australia are slowly being updated by media.

My comment is more in general, if police can use their authority or use lethal force (if appropriate ) they might have acted sooner.

I feel for the nut jobs family, but he was always going to be taken down. Sadly he is not here to answer for his crime but he killed. Innocent people before he was stopped that's a dozen families left to suffer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois