What can be done

They're fully authorized to use lethal force and "go to the gun" as they say in an active shooter situation. They didn't and nobody can figure out why. 911 calls were being made and shots were being fired and they apparently did nothing for at least the length of a sitcom. They'll say that the officers were following orders being given at the moment or following some sort of protocol but it isn't going to wash with most folks. If someone is in a building shooting kids you just rush in. Break down doors. Take a bullet or six if you have to. There are worse ways and reasons for dying.

Frankly I think it's better when these monsters get killed right away. It saves a lot of heartache and I don't believe you ever get a satisfactory answer as to why they did it.
There is this word cowardice that comes to mind. It isnt the first time we have seen it in a school shooting situation. If the senior officer on site made the wrong call as has been said, then he must be held to account, strongly.

The other side to 2A argument. A thug with an AR15 style rifle opened fire on a birthday-graduation party in West Virginia. He was brought down by a female who engaged the offender with return fire thereby saving several lives. She wasn't law enforcement, just an ordinary citizen doing what had to be done. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

ps I'm surprised that for once the media had the integrity to actually report a positive gun story.

Donald Trump Jr.

HT_trump_son_as_160519_4x3_992.jpg

Hunter Biden...

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.jpg

Screenshot_20220528-073815__01.jpg

I won't agree or disagree with your statement on selfishness but I've always found the beauty of capitalism is that we can be totally selfish and still create jobs for and provide value to our fellow man. I don't begrudge a billionaire who buys a $50 million yacht because the yacht was designed and built by salt-of-the-earth middle class folks, some of whom may use the money to go to Africa. Middle class folks will work on the yacht. Greed and selfishness, in the right economic system are still a good thing.

I do agree, that evil just wants to hurt God. Hurting innocent kids seems to be evil's favorite way to do that.
Maybe I was not clear in conveying my thoughts. Maybe self-centeredness is a better word.
I understand where you are coming from and agree.

I'm unclear as to your post. I conclude that you are praising the Ukraine president and disparaging a former US president's son. I don't have any knowledge of the implied use of drugs by the son, but a better example that you ignore is the current presidents son who through his behavior has initiated the selling out of the United States and for which there is doubt that recovery by either is unattainable.

As to the previous comments- I would not be as harsh to those that vote for a Democrat. After all, the Democrat candidate has a very favorable media and the reputation of doing right for the common man, however false those slogans are.

What can be done, is very simple - to prevent that people who are not supposed to have access to guns, dont get access to guns. Mental cases, drug addicts, criminals, members of extremists groups, problematic kids.

The issue is how to do that?

From the responsible and legal gun owners perspective:

1. Turn the blind eye, in the fear that own gun rigths will get reduced, so better not to touch this matter, and keep staus quo, hoping for the best

2. Do something, change te regulations, and whatever can be done - it will certainly involve some form of administration, and registration process or back ground checks, to which, legal gun owners generally oppose. So, this is very hard to do.

Organisation such as NRA is not able to propose any real solution, because they stand on the grounds of absolute 2A rights. And if they move in support of some background checks, and more restrictions they will lose membership.

And govt is divided, on this issue, in fear not to lose the votes, but if pushed to react, they may easily over react in the form as New Zealand or Canada or UK did.

So this issue is actually very specific political mexican stand off, based on fear not to lose the rights, or not to lose the membership, or not to lose the votes. It is unhealthy situation..

If the soultion is to be found, then it rests on reasonable solution proposed to law makers by the community and organizations of gun owners themselves, and their representatives. (and that requires balls)
If not, the problem will remain, either the same problem on the streets, or legally much worse for gun owners, than it is supposed to be if new legislature is proposed by govt.

1. Turn the blind eye, in the fear that own gun rigths will get reduced, so better not to touch this matter, and keep staus quo, hoping for the best

You have a remarkable view of responsible and legal gun owners.

Some are. Its difficult situation.

What can be done, is very simple - to prevent that people who are not supposed to have access to guns, dont get access to guns. Mental cases, drug addicts, criminals, members of extremists groups, problematic kids.

2. Do something, change te regulations, and whatever can be done - it will certainly involve some form of administration, and registration process or back ground checks, to which, legal gun owners generally oppose. So, this is very hard to do.

Organisation such as NRA is not able to propose any real solution, because they stand on the grounds of absolute 2A rights. And if they move in support of some background checks, and more restrictions they will lose membership.

And govt is divided, on this issue, in fear not to lose the votes, but if pushed to react, they may easily over react in the form as New Zealand or Canada or UK did.

So this issue is actually very specific political mexican stand off, based on fear not to lose the rights, or not to lose the membership, or not to lose the votes. It is unhealthy situation..

If the soultion is to be found, then it rests on reasonable solution proposed to law makers by the community and organizations of gun owners themselves, and their representatives. (and that requires balls)
If not, the problem will remain, either the same problem on the streets, or legally much worse for gun owners, than it is supposed to be if new legislature is proposed by govt.
The issue is that gun rights are only ever taken away. Even when a particular regulation is shown to be ineffective, it is extremely difficult to get it repealed. Gun owners in states with fewer regulations look to states like California (where I reside) and see the slippery slope in practice every legislative session. We have every piece of “common sense” gun law people talk about and every year new legislation is proposed to put the screws to us just a little more.

There has never been genuine compromise proposed by the side wanting to restrict gun rights, it’s always an attempt to take them away while expecting gun owners to be satisfied that they get to keep anything at all.

If the side wanting more restrictions gave something up in exchange, there might be genuine discussion. Maybe if Congress was willing to pull suppressors off the NFA in exchange for something passing folks would be will to talk.

As it stands, all I see are demands that gun owners shut up and take one for the team, which anyone inside California will tell you only satisfies them until the next time something happens.

On my side of pond, situation is opposite.
We came from restriction, to slacking the restirction. It still not perfect, but much better then before.

First the laws were restricitive. But crimes with legal guns were rare.
As it turns out, in last 20 years the gun laws changed every 5 years.
In the meantime, under EU regulation, each law before passed to parliament must first pass the open public debate. Before that, to make first version of bill, all organisations are cosnalted.

Not all proposals are accepted in each stage of process, but good percentage is accepted.
Some of my own proposals were accepted.
So, at this moment the state of affairs for gun owners are bettter then before.

Also, as others have said, I don't get not going in. As a dad and former elementary teacher of almost 20 years it angers me that so much nothing was done for so long. I was literally almost in years yesterday listening to stories of calls from those kids begging to be rescued.

It always is a political problem from the liberal point of view. The conservatives consider it a society and mental health problem.

The liberals want to pass more laws to prevent something that is already illegal such as murder. The conservatives want to get to the root of the problem with mental health and other society problems.

It always is a political problem from the liberal point of view. The conservatives consider it a society and mental health problem.

The liberals want to pass more laws to prevent something that is already illegal such as murder. The conservatives want to get to the root of the problem with mental health and other society problems.

You are spot on. The liberal mindset seems to be; “let me control your life. Everything will be better once I fix the problem.” Since when do a bunch of mindless bureaucrats fix anything?

Guns are always the low hanging fruit. This allows the scum politicians to poke fingers in the air, pound their chests and say see, we tried, but that damned NRA/gun lobby screwed us again!
Nothing changes. Tools are not the problem and guns are tools.
You can remove the tools but the problem remains, thats why they always blame guns, its easy.
Solving real problems takes time and guts. We are running out of time and they have no guts.
The way the culture has gone almost makes it appear that its simply too late and the ONLY thing they can see that will have any impact in the short term, ( all they care about ) is working on gun issues, so at least they can appear, at least to each other, to be doing 'something'.
The only thing really standing in their way is the Bill of Rights and oh how they hate the Bill of Rights!

We have a mental health crisis in our country that no one wants to talk about. Our healthcare system is completely broken as regards mental health. I have been way too close to a couple of situations in the last two years that have left me shaking my head. One resulted in a suicide, the other a completely destroyed life. In neither case was adequate care provided, nor was intervention legally allowed.

Stack this on top of our insistence on removing God from our government, our schools, and all else in our society and you have a perfect storm.

Our system assumed an underpinning of morality based on Judeo-Christian beliefs. If you strip this away, which the left is determined to do, you get a total free for all of relative morality.

Until we are willing to talk about the root cause of this problem, we will continue to see these horrific tragedies.

We didn’t lack the means to do what these idiots are doing when we were teenagers. However, we were grounded in our beliefs and would never have considered it.

Well said

We have a mental health crisis in our country that no one wants to talk about. Our healthcare system is completely broken as regards mental health. I have been way too close to a couple of situations in the last two years that have left me shaking my head. One resulted in a suicide, the other a completely destroyed life. In neither case was adequate care provided, nor was intervention legally allowed.

The US has the highest number of drug users..illegal and legal. Why?. Has the highest childbirth deaths in any western country. Has the most overpriced healthcare system in the world. Has the highest numbers of homeless/destituted people in a western democracy. Has the highest highschool dropouts. Has the highest college prices too. Highest murder rate in a western world(not counting Mex). Highest number of people in prison. One thing alone doesn`t say alot but putting all these things together says in my book there is something wrong with model of the society. I know I know..as an individuel you are accounted for your own actions and how one conduct life. But some 245 schoolshooting since 1998 must be rooted in a mindset we don`t see here. As a christian I can tell God is being preached in the schools overhere in EU. So its must be something else in america that promot this. But what?.

In so many of the horrific crimes a father or father figure was missing in the family.

Biden is expected to be in Uvalde today. I suspect Air Force One will land at one of the military bases in San Antonio and then he will go by helicopter to Uvalde. All the time he will be protected by a large and well armed protection detail. And Biden will talk and talk about the need to eliminate guns.

In so many of the horrific crimes a father or father figure was missing in the family.
Correct. Also, American society has done it's best to remove God and religion from everything too. No family, no God. Recipe for failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!