Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Also watching the 'Ernest' Hemingway doc on PBS. Also on PBS is a very good, so far dramatization of what happened in Norway at the beginning of WWII and what the royals had to do. Very good.
Waiting for Yellowstones return, great show.
There is one I hope to see more of on PBS called Roadkill about UK politics. Very entertaining.
There was one on the History ch last year called Barkskins that was very interesting, hope also to see more of that if it gets more eps.
I watch virtually nothing on regular TV but for one exception, The Blacklist with James Spader. Been going for some time now and its been just excellent.

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Loved the Costner line in Open Range: Men are going to get killed here today, Sue, and I'm going to kill them.
I always found Costner’s lack of lines added to the depth of what he did say in open range. Plus it’s one of the only westerns that alludes to ptsd in civil war vets without making it a focus.

C.W. Richter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
Nat Geo has a whole series of documentaries re: the Okavango (but oddly, they are free on Disney Channel?) But that said, the bush TV is always best (sitting around a fire, with great food, drink and in very good company!)

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Duvall had some amazing lines in secondhand lions his boys speech and the bar fight scene are two of my favourites in film. To me he also made open range.
Plus who hasn’t wanted to shoot at salesman at one time? Kinda explains the whole telemarketing thing.
Or tell certain relatives what you actually think of them.
One of my favorites...
Corn, Corn, Corn....
and "Just bury me in the garden next to that d--- lion"

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
the Netflix series Ted Lasso was light hearted and funny, definitely worth the time to watch.
I’m watching Schitt’s creek now. It gets better as the series goes on.

jeanes

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
TSRA Life Member, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, South Dakota
I enjoyed a movie called "Fortress" on Prime Video. It was about B-17s bombing Italy from North Africa in 1943.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Just watched African Queen, hadn’t seen it for years.

Ike85123

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
None
After acouple hours of watching YouTube videos of poaching, veterinarian practices and hunting. I switched to an old favorite movie. Hatari with John Wayne. That was a great time for the plains to thrive ! Take away the love story part, its a great african plains movie !

ndutoit

Reaction score
Member of
NHSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana
Hatari is also one of my favorites! Love the old rifles and larger than life caracters..

Brent in Az

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA - Az, NM, CO, MT, MN.
Picked this up today from the discount bin at Wally World. Wil see if it's any good.
IMG_20210417_173449864.jpg

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
My wife and I have been watching the newer show called Big Sky. It’s been pretty good so far, and I enjoy it. But I’m sure I enjoy anything with Lagartha from Vinkings in it haha.

I’m actually watching Vikings for the first time now. What a great series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BellChatfi

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.