What are you reading?

Fascinating book on the legendary Blackbeard family of Botswana....
20251207_193705.jpg
 
Shadows in an African Twilight
Kevin Thomas
 
I found another one of my book stashes while looking for one. :rolleyes: This reminds me. I need to organize by subject . At least this stash has more capacity View attachment 731199
I have that Harley book, given to me by my mom Christmas 2017. Retired from riding just before the plague year. Gifted the bike to a friend/landscaper who did some work for me.

Today I am starting The Golden Bough by James Frazer and will follow up with the small yellow book. Points to anyone who gets the reference.
1000007965.jpg
 
Enjoying my favorite cigar and author outside this afternoon.
View attachment 681303

Curious as to what books others are enjoying at the moment or recently?
Wish it were warm enough in Indiana to sit outside. Recently finished re-reading SNIPER by Martin Pegler. Comprehensive historical overview of techniques and equipment.
 
Just finished "Tramp Royale" by Robert Heinlein. About his and his wife's trip around the world in 1953-54. Interesting observations and opinions when compared to the world today.
 
Received today:

Gun digest 2026 annual edition, and Theodore Roosevelt Smithsonian Expedition to East Africa 1909-1910.

GD2026 & TD safari.jpg
 
Seems odd, but I’m in Togo reading an English book on shotgunning. If you are keen on shotguns, this fellow is worth reading.

IMG_4696.jpeg
 
Just finished reading this book on Blamey. I’m guessing that most Australians on here would know of him. And I’m guessing that most, as I was, will only know of his “running rabbits get shot “ statement.
I’m glad I read this book and I now see him in a different light. There was a lot more to him than one regrettable sentence.
IMG_9973.png
 
Just finished reading this book on Blamey. I’m guessing that most Australians on here would know of him. And I’m guessing that most, as I was, will only know of his “running rabbits get shot “ statement.
I’m glad I read this book and I now see him in a different light. There was a lot more to him than one regrettable sentence.

Interesting.

Might have to have a look. I’m with you, having formed a view of him based on that ill considered utterance.
 
IMG_4541.jpeg


Enjoying some Terry Wieland here.
 
A good friend let me borrow this book. Was one of the most interesting about what Robert Mugabe did to Zimbabwe.
 

Attachments

  • 644A78B7F463DD7E13D1F52BFD96AC7ABD371408.jpeg
    644A78B7F463DD7E13D1F52BFD96AC7ABD371408.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 87
The same friend also loaned this Godwin book. Lots of good reading accumulating in the home library. I forgot how much enjoyment I got from reading.
 

Attachments

  • 71X1TL8L-aL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    71X1TL8L-aL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 122
A good friend let me borrow this book. Was one of the most interesting about what Robert Mugabe did to Zimbabwe.
A gentleman from old Rhodesia told me that when he read this book, he was literally shaking all over. It did not have that effect on me, but then--I did not live through said events. It makes me angry how whites were treated there, and how they ARE being treated in SA today. Especially given how things have been/are being run into the ground by new management.
 
I’ve read bits and pieces of Kai Uwe Denker’s Along the Hunter’s Path, but I am now working my way from cover to cover. It’s a great read!

1765688562754.jpeg
 
“The Terminal List” by Jack Carr-extremely entertaining!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,360
Messages
1,574,101
Members
169,902
Latest member
surcontcetin1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top