What are these?

Rtsj

AH veteran
Joined
May 12, 2021
Messages
136
Reaction score
334
Media
10
Hunting reports
Africa
1
400gr brass. 416 caliber. Break away solid?
5A2C0E67-7926-4BCD-A8C3-01F5A18E6EAE.png
 
Look like CEB raptors
 
Look like CEB raptors
I thought so as well after googling them. None of the newer ones match other than the shape and hex sized tip opening. Trying to see what grain they are. Probably older original design. Guy has them for sale but know nothing about them and if they r any good.

Roy
 
I believe they r the 325gr Safari raptors. Guy said he thought they were 400gr but weighed them at 330gr so I’m just guessing an earlier design of the 325 safari raptors.

Roy
 
Lehigh made a .416 caliber bullet that looked just like that. I don’t know if they still do or not. It wasn’t on the Lehigh Defense website but had its own website. They were called DOA bullets if my memory is right. I still have some. Mine are 330 grain bullets. I also have some .458-200gr. I can’t find the Lehigh DOA website anymore so I doubt that they’re still making it which would be too bad, it did shoot well.
 
Lehigh made a .416 caliber bullet that looked just like that. I don’t know if they still do or not. It wasn’t on the Lehigh Defense website but had its own website. They were called DOA bullets if my memory is right. I still have some. Mine are 330 grain bullets. I also have some .458-200gr. I can’t find the Lehigh DOA website anymore so I doubt that they’re still making it which would be too bad, it did shoot well.
How did they kill? Guy wants 75$ for 50. Or just buy a box of 350 Barnes?

Roy
 
@michael458 might recognize them.
No, they are NOT CEB Raptors of any sort. They look to be early versions from Lehigh, however I am not 100% sure of that, I have some 330 Lehighs left over from days gone by, but mine have a much longer nose projection, almost not viable in some of my shorter cartridges because of that. There were not many standards back in 2006-2010 with Lehigh...... so it is hard to say. Definitely not CEB for sure. Most likely works the same however, if the cavity is deep enough and the walls of the cavity not too thick.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,266
Messages
1,571,047
Members
169,250
Latest member
JoieHarget
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top