What are these?

Rtsj

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
400gr brass. 416 caliber. Break away solid?
5A2C0E67-7926-4BCD-A8C3-01F5A18E6EAE.png

Look like CEB raptors

Look like CEB raptors
I thought so as well after googling them. None of the newer ones match other than the shape and hex sized tip opening. Trying to see what grain they are. Probably older original design. Guy has them for sale but know nothing about them and if they r any good.

Roy

I believe they r the 325gr Safari raptors. Guy said he thought they were 400gr but weighed them at 330gr so I’m just guessing an earlier design of the 325 safari raptors.

Roy

Shoot em up!

Lehigh made a .416 caliber bullet that looked just like that. I don’t know if they still do or not. It wasn’t on the Lehigh Defense website but had its own website. They were called DOA bullets if my memory is right. I still have some. Mine are 330 grain bullets. I also have some .458-200gr. I can’t find the Lehigh DOA website anymore so I doubt that they’re still making it which would be too bad, it did shoot well.

Lehigh made a .416 caliber bullet that looked just like that. I don’t know if they still do or not. It wasn’t on the Lehigh Defense website but had its own website. They were called DOA bullets if my memory is right. I still have some. Mine are 330 grain bullets. I also have some .458-200gr. I can’t find the Lehigh DOA website anymore so I doubt that they’re still making it which would be too bad, it did shoot well.
How did they kill? Guy wants 75$ for 50. Or just buy a box of 350 Barnes?

Roy

@michael458 might recognize them.
No, they are NOT CEB Raptors of any sort. They look to be early versions from Lehigh, however I am not 100% sure of that, I have some 330 Lehighs left over from days gone by, but mine have a much longer nose projection, almost not viable in some of my shorter cartridges because of that. There were not many standards back in 2006-2010 with Lehigh...... so it is hard to say. Definitely not CEB for sure. Most likely works the same however, if the cavity is deep enough and the walls of the cavity not too thick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!