What’s your beater rifle?

remington 700 left hand 7mm08, leupold 2.5-8x. never gave me a problen from day one.

DSCN0019.JPG
DSCN1259 (3).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
i don,t beat any of my firearms, but i do use a few in very bad weather and rough conditions as i have killed many animals in those conditions.

I like hunting but that's dedication

Now I see why Africa Is so popular with you guys.

I have a SBE. I know what they recoil like. It takes game the same as a Mossberg 835, but it loads the next shell for you.
I get you, but there's a reason for the 3 on the SBE3...there have been advancements beyond the original and even the 2 (which I recently sold). I know you have the "original" 3.5" bird slayer, but everything evolves and changes...or it gets left behind. It doesn't mean the original SBE isn't good, just that there was room for improvement.

BTW - I love the original design. Although not a completely original thought by Benelli, it was the first time it was put into successful mass production. A real gem.

I bought the ARs that I bought after carefully researching all my options and investing in what I felt would be good ARs for my purposes. I did not go "cheap." Seems to me you are just trying to chum the water for a stupid argument. I think there's another forum for that.

I get you, but there's a reason for the 3 on the SBE3...there have been advancements beyond the original and even the 2 (which I recently sold). I know you have the "original" 3.5" bird slayer, but everything evolves and changes...or it gets left behind. It doesn't mean the original SBE isn't good, just that there was room for improvement.

BTW - I love the original design. Although not a completely original thought by Benelli, it was the first time it was put into successful mass production. A real gem.
I have a suspicion that if I had an SBE³ in black and you had one in camo with an equal barrel length, weight and choke tube...somehow you'd believe an advantage existed for your benefit. Huzzah! :A Tease:

I have a suspicion that if I had an SBE³ in black and you had one in camo with an equal barrel length, weight and choke tube...somehow you'd believe an advantage existed for your benefit. Huzzah! :A Tease:
Of course I would have an advantage. Mine is camo…:ROFLMAO:

No performance advantage, but for geese camo would be preferred.

Last edited:
Of course I would have an advantage. Mine is camo…:ROFLMAO:

No performance advantage, but for geese camo would be preferred.
Makes a man wonder how men ever killed game without camouflage...blue steel, wood, and flannel are just such disadvantages...:A Popcorn:

Makes a man wonder how men ever killed game without camouflage...blue steel, wood, and flannel are just such disadvantages...:A Popcorn:
Same way they use a SBE instead of a SBE3. ;)

Be a traditionalist, but don’t get your panties in a bunch because everyone else doesn’t want to.

Same way they use a SBE instead of a SBE3. ;)

Be a traditionalist, but don’t get your panties in a bunch because everyone else doesn’t want to.
You know I never said what kind of SBE I had. You made presumptions and I just went with it allowing you to show your posterior and wear same as a headdress. :E Lol:

You know I never said what kind of SBE I had. You made presumptions and I just went with it allowing you to show your posterior and wear same as a headdress. :E Lol:
And I used the term "they" not "you"...so you can keep your headdress for yourself. :ROFLMAO:

@Forrest Halley
Come on kiddies play nicely or go home. No more of this shit mine is bigger than yours crap.
I'm bigger than both of you now play nice or I will force feed you both Vegemite until you say uncle. Then you can wash it down with a goodly dose of Bundy and become bestest friends.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

It does not take long to become an outsider on this forum. Come in from working all morning in the yard and you are using terms like SBE and SBE3 and I am lost. What the H is an SBE?

You guys are killing me.
Are you dying laughing or of irritation?
It does not take long to become an outsider on this forum. Come in from working all morning in the yard and you are using terms like SBE and SBE3 and I am lost. What the H is an SBE?
SBE equals Benelli Super Black Eagle and the number indicates which generation. It is a recoil operated semi automatic shotgun in 12 gauge which utilizes 2¾"-3½" shells cycling most loads of 1⅛ oz or heavier. Interesting features of the original included a notch under the bolt which was to ensure cycling if the interrupter failed and a shell went under the bolt. This led to ghost loading a fourth shell and trouble with the US Fish and Wildlife so the feature was eventually discontinued.

You're not an outsider! You're the best guy here for thinking outside of the box with lever action rifles and BLack Powder Cartridges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross