Well, after much begging........

Savage Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I agreed to take my wife to hunt in South Africa.

My son and I hunted with Marius of KMG 2 years ago. She and I were supposed to go then, but had to have surgery on her hand and told me to take my son as a college graduation present...... but only on the condition that I promised to take her within 4 years.
Well, this July is our 30th Wedding anniversary and we will spend it hunting with Marius of KMG. We're planning to go to Victoria Falls for a few days prior to hunting for 8 days.
She's absolutely quivering about this trip.
For the Victoria Falls part, she is more excited about going to a lion place than anything else. She loves cats and looking to hold lion cubs and do some kind of "lion walk" with those being rehabilitated to be put back in the wild. I know, they're basically as tame as a lion can be, but she'll love it.

She has her list of animals to hunt finalized and we're booked for the hunt, airline tickets, etc.
She's planning for Impala, Kudu, blesbok, and Springbok (if close enough or something else if not).
Me? I figure that as long as I'm there while she is hunting, I may as well hunt some myself.
So, I'm going to have to force myself to hunt Nyala, Gemsbok, Bushbuck, black wilderbeest, and a caracal.

funny thing. She has a beautiful rifle. It's a Savage Ladyhunter 7-08.
Last week, She comes home with some leather remnants, strings of leather similar to shoestrings. Some are pink, some are brown, etc.
She's planning to tie these in on her sling to beautify it. lol. I asked her "Why don't you just tie in some feathers?"
Her answer???? "I plan to. I already had the feathers."

She has a new safari hat. A Henschel Australian outback safari hat that snaps up on one side. Also, some new safari clothes.

Marius, my friend, you may have your hands full guiding my wife.
She might make you tie in some of those pink leather strands and feathers to your binoculars and shooting sticks.

It's really awesome to see her so excited about this trip.

You are one lucky guy. Good Luck on your safari.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know after seeing a certain picture on this site from the crew of kmg the pink feathers may already be on there stuff.LOL I think after talking with marius if thats what it would take he would do it to make a happy client.Hope you two have a great hunt and you can bring yourself to taking a few shots yourself.

yes you are a lucky man, i am going on my first safari this year but my girlfriend of 6 years won't go. she has no problem with me going she just doesn't think she will have fun. Not her cup of tea she says. she even offered to loan me some money if i come up short. guess you can't have it all.

good luck on your trip sounds like you will have a blast.

Savage Hunter,
Congrat's on your 30th anniversary! Nothing quite like having a spouse that loves going to Africa as much as you do! I can tell your excited about taking her! July seems like a long way off, but it will be here before you know it..........Have you guys booked where your staying in Vic Falls? If not, my wife and I stayed at "The Gorges" and loved it.

Gorges Lodge Victoria Falls| Gorges Lodge| Victoria Falls Safari Lodges| Victoria Falls Hotels
Marius is actually going with us to Victoria Falls. He said he loves going there and this will be a good excuse. He's booking all that for us.
I had looked at some packages and things to do and let him know our main interests.
We're likely gonna do some Tiger fishing while there. Lana liked the look of those long-toothed fish and said "oooohhhh, I wanna catch one of those." lol.

yes you are a lucky man, i am going on my first safari this year but my girlfriend of 6 years won't go. she has no problem with me going she just doesn't think she will have fun. Not her cup of tea she says. she even offered to loan me some money if i come up short. guess you can't have it all.

good luck on your trip sounds like you will have a blast.
a girlfriend offering to help pay for your safari sounds pretty good to me.

but, show her the site for Vic Falls that Buff-buster posted. Lots of awesome things on that getaway. And, then show her the accomodations and things to do while you're hunting. She may just change her mind.

oh my oh my! You are indeed one lucky man, and you surely must have a great wife! Enjoy the hunt and most of all enjoy Africa!

RPH, If you get Marius to tie those feathers and pink strands on his binos, take pictures! However, do please take them back with you, as i don't want my wife to get any ideas when we head over this summer. Looking forward to your pics of the Falls, would have liked to head up that way, but we are doing a week down the "Garden Route" between Port Elizabeth and Cape Town after our hunt.

Adgunner,
here's a few of the falls and The Gorges from a 2007 trip.

8-12-2007-02.jpg
"The Smoke That Thunders"

8-12-2007-13.jpg
The "Over-hang Bar" at the Gorges

8-12-2007-05.jpg
A view of the Zambezi River from the bar.
(You can just see the rear porch of our cabin on the right)

8-12-2007-36.jpg
We were watching the kayakers and rafters flip at this bend in the river right below the Over-look bar.

8-12-2007-011.jpg

8-12-2007-026.jpg

8-12-2007-034.jpg

8-12-2007-037.jpg
You can always try the bungee jump while your there!

8-12-2007-038.jpg
Make sure your tied on good...lol

Buff-Buster, awesome pictures ... i will use these as part of my marketing ploy for a third safari with my better half.

Buff-Buster, awesome pictures ... i will use these as part of my marketing ploy for a third safari with my better half.

Hope it helps! For the record, my wife loved Vic Falls and the Gorges, she's always talking of going back someday.

Great pics Wes.

Congratulations, RPH, wish you the best on your trip !

Thanks Bob.....Be sure and come by booth 3855 in Dallas to say Hi!

I'll plan on it. Either Friday or Saturday. I have a list of the booths that people are in. When I get their I will try to mark them on the floor plan so I don't miss someone or an exhibitor I need to see.

Sounds like a great trip. Its great when you have a spouse that enjoys the whole experience (although far more expensive $$$) LOL. I hope you guys have a blast.

Last week, She comes home with some leather remnants, strings of leather similar to shoestrings. Some are pink, some are brown, etc.
She's planning to tie these in on her sling to beautify it. lol. I asked her "Why don't you just tie in some feathers?"
Her answer???? "I plan to. I already had the feathers."

The feathers will go well with the new outfits.

Take some pictures beside the falls.

Have a great trip.

Attachments

• AH_zpse5fb9032.jpg
    AH_zpse5fb9032.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 130
Congrats on your 30th anniversary!
I know you are going to have a blast in the EC, Marious will definitely look after you.
Regards
Dave

The feathers will go well with the new outfits.

Take some pictures beside the falls.

Have a great trip.

No man okes....:hijack:

What about our AH visitors who see this and don't know the whole story.....:biggrin2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg