Waterfowl

Here is a bonus pic of a Golden Eye Duck harvested with a Pedersoli 12 gauge side by side muzzleloading blackpowder shotgun, and a bonus pic of a mallard taken with same gun.

And a coot nailed with a recurve bow:

IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0578.jpeg
IMG_0530.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@CJW , nice looking spot and great looking dog!

Friend of mine sent me a video of a farm he has access to in the central valley, already loaded with Aleutian Canada geese!
 
  • Like
Reactions: CJW
@CJW , nice looking spot and great looking dog!

Friend of mine sent me a video of a farm he has access to in the central valley, already loaded with Aleutian Canada geese!


Yeah, both are pretty good looking. Makes it hard to say no to that face sometimes.

He's kind of a stud.

20250825_170126.jpg
 
Last edited:
A few between Virginia and Colorado.
 

Attachments

  • signal-2025-10-09-191535.jpeg
    signal-2025-10-09-191535.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 155
  • signal-2025-10-09-192810.jpeg
    signal-2025-10-09-192810.jpeg
    872.5 KB · Views: 146
  • signal-2025-10-09-191626.jpeg
    signal-2025-10-09-191626.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Colorado.jpg
    Colorado.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 133
A few more.
 

Attachments

  • signal-2025-10-09-193048.jpeg
    signal-2025-10-09-193048.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 104
  • signal-2025-10-09-193131.jpeg
    signal-2025-10-09-193131.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 101
@Firebird , that picture of the teal, gadwall, redhead, goldeneye , mallard, widgeon and hooded must have been an interesting and fun hunt. Great variety and all drakes to top it off!
 
Do the sandhill cranes eat as good as I hear? They are sometimes called "the filet mignon of the skies"
Yes Sir, Ribeye of the Sky. Very good
 
Yes Sir, Ribeye of the Sky. Very good
I was digging through one of my freezers the other day and found some crane breasts from November of 2023, wasn’t sure how they would taste after 2 years so I made some pastrami out of them. They would’ve made a New York City deli owner proud! Still very good.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 123
I was digging through one of my freezers the other day and found some crane breasts from November of 2023, wasn’t sure how they would taste after 2 years so I made some pastrami out of them. They would’ve made a New York City deli owner proud! Still very good.
Thats Awesome. It's very lean and anything you can do with beef works well with crane also. I am gonna have to try that (pastrami) one of these days....Excellent idea
 
IMG_0051.jpeg

Son in law killed his swan over the weekend. It was sunny and clam and a great way to spent a day. We decoyed several grey birds that we passed and he finally got that pesky front bead figured out and took a white one down. He is soaking the breasts overnight in salt water and we will try to grill it Monday after he gets off work, kinda like a tri tip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,335
Members
169,525
Latest member
NatashaU03
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top