Watch Your Booked Flights!

Delta is at it again. Booked my flights August 15,2025 for June 2026 Safari. Delta Houston Atlanta JNB. Well today I just noticed Delta has cancelled the Houston Atlanta legs going and coming back. Moved me to a Standby list no seat assignment on flights with so short connection times no way I can make it and guns sure won’t. I know it’s still months out, but sure glad I booked thru Travel Express and Jennifer will sort it out come Monday. This is reason I use a travel agent. So you all might want keep an eye on your flights. I usually check every couple days see nothing has changed.

Delta is garbage! This is why I avoid them at all cost! Burned twice by Delta over the years…
 
Just got an email from Delta changing my domestic return from JNB in July. Not enough time to
Clear guns etc. Jennifer will be busy. It’s still amazing to me you pay for something that you just don’t get and there’s really nothing you can do about it!
 
We got an email from them yesterday changed our domestic flights times for June also. Does anyone here know anything about the south african traveler declaration paperwork? Is that something we have to fill out? My buddy and are both renting rifles have nothing to declare. Thanks
 
I am going through Cape Town this year. Hoping it goes well. We have had a few minor changes so far.
 
Delta sent an email today notifying me that details of our flight to Johannesburg in June have changed. Things may change again, so stay tuned.
Yup got that email yesterday Delta changed our flights for June which we made in January. A 2 hour layover in Atlanta is now 4 layover. Our way home flight changed too but not that significantly.
 
Just checked on my Delta flights in May. No changes, yet.
 
Not sure what up with Delta, but I heard a group of hunters all had their flights cancelled and had to rebook the same flights.
 
Its called capitalism, it used to be a very important thing in the United States. It isn't Delta's fault that a clown has turned the world into a Circus. Consequences are a Bitch, Huh?

By the way, it isn't just Delta, United had announced they are doing the same thing, for the same, singular, reason.

They, along with other airlines will continue to cut flights that they wont make money on. Its very, very simple.

 
Its called capitalism, it used to be a very important thing in the United States. It isn't Delta's fault that a clown has turned the world into a Circus. Consequences are a Bitch, Huh?

By the way, it isn't just Delta, United had announced they are doing the same thing, for the same, singular, reason.

They, along with other airlines will continue to cut flights that they wont make money on. Its very, very simple.

We come to this forum to learn about Africa and African hunting, please keep your political opinions to yourself! Know one wants to here them, there are other places you can do that!

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Its called capitalism, it used to be a very important thing in the United States. It isn't Delta's fault that a clown has turned the world into a Circus. Consequences are a Bitch, Huh?

By the way, it isn't just Delta, United had announced they are doing the same thing, for the same, singular, reason.

They, along with other airlines will continue to cut flights that they wont make money on. Its very, very simple.

Let's see, it's Trumps fault because he "turned the world into a circus". Explain to me how it's actually Trumps fault when Delta canceled paid tickets and the group of hunters had to rebook the exact same flight at the exact same time and price? I'll wait. Post your ant-Trump BS on the political thread, not here.
 
From what I can see this is one problem with booking a flight too far out and not knowing if it might be canceled or postponed by the airline.

This happened to me on my first hunt. United changed my flight from Dulles to Denver by a couple of hours. As it was booked that flight took off just as I was getting through customs. Jennifer caught it a month or so before my trip so we had a different flight scheduled but as things go that flight had a problem in that United didn't have a plane sitting in Dulles to take us to Denver. So we ended up with a 6 hour delay until a flight from Florida got in to take us home. You just never know what is going to happen.

On my last trip I could of flown out of a regional airport on American to Dallas to connect with Qatar. I decided to drive to Denver 2 1/2 hours away and get a hotel room for the night before just to make sure that I was flying. As it turned out the flight from Dallas to my regional airport on my trip home was canceled. It would of left Dallas at 10 pm and I figured that if it didn't have enough passengers it may be canceled, I was right. I got into Denver at around 9 pm and just drove home.

I still don't trust flights into or out of small regional airports.
 
I’m glad I at least sa
Delta is at it again. Booked my flights August 15,2025 for June 2026 Safari. Delta Houston Atlanta JNB. Well today I just noticed Delta has cancelled the Houston Atlanta legs going and coming back. Moved me to a Standby list no seat assignment on flights with so short connection times no way I can make it and guns sure won’t. I know it’s still months out, but sure glad I booked thru Travel Express and Jennifer will sort it out come Monday. This is reason I use a travel agent. So you all might want keep an eye on your flights. I usually check every couple days see nothing has changed.
w this post and was made aware of these situations; I never thought of that and checked my flights for May 26 and nothing has changed yet.
But thanks for the heads up as it’s better to know than to assume
 
One AH member here told me this last Monday that he was attempting to book a flight on Qatar for his Safari in September to Zim and the fare for a Q suite would be $12,500! I think he had a coronary! LOL
Delta business to Windhoek was $14K. I am taking Lufthansa at the end of August at half that.
 
Delta business to Windhoek was $14K. I am taking Lufthansa at the end of August at half that.
Is your flight from Frankfurt to Windhoek on a Lufthansa plane or is it Eurowings which is Lufthansa's budget airlines? In the past I believe Lufthansa was only flying to Windheok with Eurowings. The service and business class seats are not the same on Eurowings. Not that Lufthansa is know for its service and business class cabin comforts but Eurowings is a step down from even from Lufthansa
 
Update. Finally got an email. Seat assigned on a 4:20 pm flight IHA to ATL.
Gives me a 2 hr 50 min layover. But to top it off I checked flights from Houston to Atlanta and the time I was on before the change was showing cancelled as of yesterday and only two flight per day. This morning they added two more flights one 15 min from my original flight. I expect many more changes before June. Sounds like travel agents will be busy starting Monday sorting all this out.
 
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, as of right now my flight in Sept is still good. Sure hope nothing changes.
 
Is your flight from Frankfurt to Windhoek on a Lufthansa plane or is it Eurowings which is Lufthansa's budget airlines? In the past I believe Lufthansa was only flying to Windheok with Eurowings. The service and business class seats are not the same on Eurowings. Not that Lufthansa is know for its service and business class cabin comforts but Eurowings is a step down from even from Lufthansa
From Frankfurt to Windhoek is their partner airline, Discover Airlines and they have lay flat seat cubicles.

1774196947059.png
 
We got an email from them yesterday changed our domestic flights times for June also. Does anyone here know anything about the south african traveler declaration paperwork? Is that something we have to fill out? My buddy and are both renting rifles have nothing to declare. Thanks
For now, the declaration paperwork is not something to worry with. Perhaps it will be in the future, but not as of now.
 
Let's see, it's Trumps fault because he "turned the world into a circus". Explain to me how it's actually Trumps fault when Delta canceled paid tickets and the group of hunters had to rebook the exact same flight at the exact same time and price? I'll wait. Post your ant-Trump BS on the political thread, not here.
Sounds like rabid capitalism not politics....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,466
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top